Generated Texture Coordinate applied to multiple objects?

I want to bound the Bounding Box around multiple objects, instead of just 1, like this:

I’m aware of the Position option of Geometry Node (I’m using it in the pictures) but it doesn’t have a Bounding Box hence the Textures don’t move with the objects. Bounding Box makes sure the Textures move with the objects.

Is there any workaround that can satisfy my request?
Thank you!

You can use an external object as your ‘Bounding Box’…
And it will probably be better than trying to create a combined Bounding Box for your objects, because you’ll be able to rotate and scale your coordinate space with ease.

1 Like

Ay that’s awesome. Thank you.

I’ve also just discovered that “eyedropping” (not sure if this is the right words, my English is limited) one of the multiple objects works as well. All objects assigns the “eyedropped” object’s Origin as their Origin.

I personally feel that my approach is more convenient for my particular purpose, at the moment.

Sorry, I have a question, what does the eyedropping do?
What data of the object, that got eyedropped, was extracted and used?

Here, I eyedropped the middle cube, what data of it was extracted?
I assume that it was the middle cube’s Origin.

It will pick the Object coordinates from selected object (it’s the only socket that will work in this effect).

The output will be the same for the middle object as if there was no selection in the datablock picker. But the other objects would be using their own object coordinate system, and not the one from the middle object.

Object coordinates are centered at the object’s origin and will have the same rotation and scale as the object (which differs from World coordinates).

1 Like