Geo-Scatter - 5.4 Scatter Groups

Folks, this a small reminder that the community has been splitted toward BlenderArtist or Discord

Anyone can join the dedicated Geo-Scatter discord server here below:

For personal support please always contact us via the blendermarket DM :slight_smile:

Hi Dorian! link is not working for me!

Cheers!

Thanks,
Updated it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Dorian

Hello, I am sorry if it is a silly question or I am missing something obvious.

I have two viewports and I turned on -display as: points- to keep things more responsive for my old computer…

When I turn on rendered view for one of the views, I was expecting the other one to stay as points, but it turns into actual geometry.

Is there a way to keep them as points as long as that particular window is in solid view?

Hey @simsek
Play around with the visibility states buttons right next to the display/visibility features. Looks like sometimes there’s a refresh signal much needed.

Please let us know if that fixed the issue
We are prepping 5.3.2 update

Hi Dorian!

Sorry to annoy you with my following question - I know it was previously discussed here but I didn’t find it again: I appended a tree from botaniq and scattered it on a plane. The scattered trees are very dark, appear close to black diffuse colour. How can I avoid that from happening or fix it?

Oh, and just to clarify - my world lighting is pure white, strength 1 - I just saved this image as jpg without alpha channel…

I did play with visibility buttons, but no luck. If possible, can you show me which button I should be pressing in particular?

Hi, please consult our troubleshooting guide

1 Like

Could you send us the .blend file via the blendermarket DM ? We need to make sure this issue is fixed for 5.3.2

The buttons consists of 3 icons next to each others

Hello everyone! :slightly_smiling_face: A few days ago I installed the Scatter 5 plugin, I used it, I opened Blender several times and everything was ok. Today I run the program and after clicking on the workspace I get an error message. Do you know why it appeared and how to fix it? Please help, I don’t have much experience.

Hello
Looks like you accidentally set up your mouse button as the quick scatter operator shortcut

1 Like

Yes, that was it! :slight_smile: Thank you very very much for help. :slight_smile: Have a nice day!

1 Like

Hi guys, i’d like to ask a question or two.
I purchased geoscatter a few months ago and this si the first time I’m using it to make a grass garden.
it’s not that big, 20mt x 20mt with just 3 types of grass scattered.

since when I used it to make the garden the file became super slow. Whether I hide or limit the visualization of the emitted particles, the file remains slow.
The most frustrating part is selecting objects. I have to wait like 2 seconds to see the clicked object become orange.

My PC has an Intel Core i9-13900K, a 4090 24GB, and 64GB of ram, what can I do to make the file lighter?

second question - how do I delete the emitted particles AFTER deleting the emitter plane?
By mistake, U accidentally deleted the emission surface and now I have floating plants that I cannot click or select…

That indeed sounds really change. we have these notes in our troubleshooting guides, did one of these solutions provided you a valid answer? Best Bet: a heavy to compute feature is enabled

My scene is unusually slow

• Perhaps you are beginning in 3d & have false expectations about what blender/your computer is capable of doing? Unsure where to start? here are some questions you should ask yourself:
    • Is your computer able to handle large blender 3D scenes? Did you ever work on large 3D scenes in blender/maya/3Dsmax in the past? Or perhaps this is your first time creating large scenes? Perhaps the slowdown is completely normal, your scene might just be really heavy for your computer.
    • How many points are you initially scattering, more than a million? Is your scatter area very large?
      Solution: Use visibility optimization features, hide your unused scatter-system(s) in the viewport, separate your scatter-surface in foreground /middleground /background.
    • Is there an extreme amount of triangles drawn on your screens? Blender is using rasterization to render the viewport, this rendering technique will scale depending on the number of triangles displayed. See basics of computer graphics.
      Solution: Use display optimization (display as point is the fastest option). hide your unused scatter-system(s) in the viewport.
    • Is the surface you are scattering upon high poly? perhaps with heavy-to-compute modifiers enabled?
      Solution: Use a low poly invisible surface only used as a scattering surface, you can keep your high poly mesh for the rendering.
  • Note that some features might be slower than others! For example:
    • The random distribution mode with limit distance enabled is slower than the original random distribution mode
    • Any features using proximity calculation such as “Tweak>Proximity” or “Tweak>Ecosystems” are computer intensive, especially when calculating proximity with high poly meshes.
    • Display as convex-hull, bounding-box, or point-cloud might be more computer-intensive, as these methods will be constructing the display object on the fly.
  • If you believe your scene is unusually slow compared to a native blender environment scene, please contact us maybe you found a bug! Our plugin is/shall be highly optimized and we did an abundance of research on the subject.

If not, please contact us via the blendermarket DM with your scene and we’ll inspect what’s going on in there :slight_smile:

second question - how do I delete the emitted particles AFTER deleting the emitter plane?

You can do that by removing our GeoNode collections in your outliner

News - Platform Improvements

Hi Everyone we have a lot of news to share! Our platform is growing and everyone will be able to benefit from it :smiling_face:

1. We greatly improved our old Starter-Library and made it free for all!

https://twitter.com/geoscatter/status/1631724450235260947?s=46&t=c-gTtiR9-voRfyalchaZqg

1. The « Biome-Reader » is out! Great for hobbyists or beginners, this free plugin is able to install, read and scatter any biomes currently available. Of course for the ultimate level of control, and workflow efficiency, Geo-Scatter is the best option available!

https://twitter.com/geoscatter/status/1631765792243998725?s=46&t=c-gTtiR9-voRfyalchaZqg

1. We officially launched our website https://www.geoscatter.com ! Where we elegantly listed all our biome partners and their catalogs! Check it out!

2. Geo-Scatter 5.3.2 is out with many bug fixes, and the quick scatter pie menu back! Check out this changelog for all other details: https://sites.google.com/view/scatter5docs/Changelogs

9 Likes

Thats the same library already included in the standard product?

Hi Robert :wave:
This should answer your question

• The old “starter library” that used to be shipped with our plugin has been improved:
    • We reworked most assets and textures to create a higher-quality collection of plants. It’s now standalone and rebranded as “The Plant Library”, it’s free and accessible to all blender users! Why? We do not want to sell vegetation, this library was always meant to be a demonstration of the capabilities of our plugin, and now it serves as a very good introduction to our Biome system.
    • The old library will now be considered as “Legacy”, rest assured it will still be available for download within the new product page. Both on the blender-market or gumroad.
    • The Winter and Tree assets are currently missing from this rework, we intend to update them later on.
    • The biomes also have been reworked, there are fewer, but they are much better in terms of quality. Compare by yourself: old biomes vs new biomes.
      Both can be installed simultaneously.

From the release note :slight_smile:
The improvement in the assets and biomes are considerable

4 Likes

Well it was the first thing I was thinking off. Good to know!

1 Like

Tutorial :man_student:

Dear users
Check out this tutorial if you never installed a blender plugin, an asset library, or a biome pack!

3 Likes