Geo-Scatter - 5.4 Scatter Groups

I see, thanks for the quick reply!
I read the readme, but didn’t install the free_library scatpack since I’m only interested in scattering my own objects. I didn’t realise that the free library was essential for the functioning of the plugin.

It might be best to reword the start text to something like:
“Step 1: Create a Particle System Emitter on your terrrain object”

but didn’t install the free_library scatpack since I’m only interested in scattering my own objects.

Thanks for the feedback. Upon release i shall call the scatpack “default_presets.scatpack

Yes, this part is still in WIP

In the final version there will be a scattering preset dedicated for this

but for now you can scatter a particle system with a chosen preset and then convert it with the Convert to manual Distribution operator shown above.

Dorian. I have not installed Scatter in 2.93 yet. Do I install Scatter 4 pro version before installing Scatter5 openBeta v4? Are there complete instructions some where? Thanks Dorian.

Yes

There is an information .txt available in blendermarket download section informing pro users about the current switch from Scatter4 to Scatter5

and there is a little guide .txt in the Gumroad OpenBeta downloads for the new users informing about the new installation process (as usual, there’s just new scatpack to be installed).

Yes, Scatter4 and Scatter5 can be installed simultaneously.
But I’m not sure why you would want to use both at the same time :thinking:

1 Like

Sorry if the question has been asked before but will it be possible to have multiple emitters/geometry nodes?

Hey

I did think about a “multi-surface” workflow deeply
but it can cause a lot of problems to be solved.

for example :
- “Local” Space will no longer makes sense
- Masking will be tricky as vertex-groups, vertex-colors, and uvs attributes will need to be shared to all surfaces object or it will cause asynchronization errors
- blender don’t support weight/vertex/texture paint on multiple object at the same time.

So in the end I would like to settle for this kind of solution:
creating a new object that will wrap multiple surfaces together
I believe it can work quite well.

Capture d’écran 2021-09-11 010839

Note that you can always try to join multiple object info together within the nodetree
I even left a node for this purpose while doing the researches

1 Like

Does the biomass manager support LuxCoreRender materials?

Yes
the Pro Biome Library supports luxcore
more on this soon I didn’t make an official announcement over this yet :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi,
When I try to convert grasswald particles to Scatter4 I get this error:

I have to stick with Scatter 4 because the proximities are still not available in the beta :frowning: since the projects involve a lot of pathways and I don’t want to paint by hand the vertex groups.

Hey
Thanks for the report

For using assets from an asset library in Scatter4 or 5, you can append the models you’d like in your scene and Scatter selected objects with a preset. It will just work as fine :slight_smile:

Blender 3.0 and the new asset library will be here very soon so this conversion operator won’t make a lot of sense in the near future

I have to stick with Scatter 4 because the proximities are still not available in the beta :frowning: since the projects involve a lot of pathways and I don’t want to paint by hand the vertex groups.

Ah sorry for the inconveniences
You can always use a weight proximity modifier on your curve. If you put an extrusion on your curve data it should work.

Not for Beziers area tho

1 Like

So when I try to open the file in other pc the particle system is not there …I mean like nothing is visible in the other pc …any ways to export these?

Ahaaa, thank you for the tip I might now be able to use beta5 :slight_smile:
No need to apologize, I’m aware that this is a beta and not all functions are available yet :+1:

1 Like

Are you talking about Scatter4 or Scatter5 ?
Are the other Pc’s using 2.93?

Yes there’s an export to instance operator available in the extra panel, in the “export” category

yes both pcs are using 2.93 and im using scatter 5

when i try to export this is whats happening

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this issue
i just fixed it :slight_smile:

This error was coming from the “export as json” operator i suppose
this operator is to export a “json” text file, useful for other developers or gamedevs
so that’s not the one you want to use

what you want to use is this operator

( Name will change upon release )

I will append instances in a new export collection

So when I try to open the file in other pc the particle system is not there …I mean like nothing is visible in the other pc …any ways to export these?

yes both pcs are using 2.93 and im using scatter 5

This is very strange.

Scatter5 will create a geometry node modifier in your scene,
the only reason I see that the instances are not visible upon opening the scene in another computer is that the blender versions differs.

is there any error messages on the console?

1 Like

ahh sorry man just checked it was using another version of blender

1 Like

Very good and fast to use. Simple interface. Good work guy’s!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Andrea!

1 Like

Sorry I don’t know where else to go for help. I purchased the JungleScapes add-on for scatter4 and every single biome results in an error message when I try to scatter.

Is there a way to fix this? I need to deliver a render in an hour.

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\accar\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\Scatter\core\sc_c_manager_exec.py", line 48, in execute
    bpy.ops.script.python_file_run(filepath=script_path)
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.93\2.93\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 132, in __call__
    ret = _op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
RuntimeError: Error: Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\accar\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\Scatter Library\__biomes__\ts_cocos_nucifera.py", line 7, in <module>
    bpy.ops.scatter.execute_layer(
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.93\2.93\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 132, in __call__
RuntimeError: Error: Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\accar\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\Scatter\core\sc_c_manager_exec.py", line 142, in execute
    bpy.ops.script.python_file_run(filepath=origin_p)
RuntimeError: Error: Python: OSError: Python file "C:\Users\accar\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\Scatter Library\array_face.py" could not be opened: No such file or directory

location: C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.93\2.93\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py:132

location: C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.93\2.93\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py:132