Geo-Scatter - 5.4 Scatter Groups

The new Material Slot, is Super handy, for me. Thanks!
Question: if i have several assets and want to Apply same setting to them all at once, how? For example applying the material slot setting to more than one.

Maybe also the material slot can be an option in ”on creation” tab?

Cheers

Hi
Did you quickly went through the online-manual ?
Batch change properties is explained there, prerequisites :wink:

Maybe also the material slot can be an option in ”on creation” tab?

Hmmm. Good question.

1 Like

Thank u.

Can alt work so that i can hide inhide selected objects aswell.

Also some biomes are not working for me, for example Rockplain 07, just loads and says done. Nothing happens. Is it just me or? Some other biomes aswell.

CG

That’s probably because your terrain is too tiny, you perhaps forgot to apply the scale.

I’d recommend reading the online manual, don’t worry there’s a lot of gifs :slight_smile: it’s an easy read :wink: once you have read and still have problems you can contact me on the blender market messaging service. Screenshot would help if you have a problem

Yes its good.
But its not that. Other biomes work. Try urself.
Rockplain 07

1 Like

There’s no rockplain 07, it’s prolly an old biome dating back from the beta,
i talk about this here :slight_smile:

If you installed a previous version in the past:

• Please uninstall the old version first, then restart blender (Scatter4 or below can be installed simultaneously, however this is not the case for versions above).
  • Note that scatter-systems or biomes created in Scatter4 or below will not be compatible in Scatter5.
  • If you used the Beta version of Scatter5, please cleanse your scatter-library from the old presets and biomes, this can lead to issues.

Note that scatter-systems created with the Beta are not compatible.

1 Like

Hi,
I was testing the addon and if I delete the plane where the instaces are placed and the undo the action, the plane comes back but empty.

Hi
Try to undo again

1 Like

Thanks, that did the trick. Is that a Blender issue?

Depends what states are left in your history, can’t say for sure

Just a brand new scene, add a plane, open scatter biomes and add it to the plane.

Thanks Dorian! I’ll check it out! Hopefully, Simple Tabs doesn’t need an update for Blender 3.0+. I really wish that the Foundation would address the N-Panel clutter issue… but I guess they have more pressing issues. :slight_smile:

Hi, thanks for your add-on. It’s really impressive and saves me a lot of time. I’m wondering about something though. The grass materials seem unnecessarily complicated. It looks like there are “Hue Saturation” nodes in more places than would be required to handle the color variations and when I needed to tweak things, I preferred removing some of them and rewiring the tree to make it easier to work with. What’s the reason for this repetition of nodes?

Using less image resources as possible for a lightweight models that render/loads in memory very quickly

I preferred removing some of them and rewiring the tree to make it easier to work with.

Of course you are free to do so, or use your own model ofc :slight_smile:
For us this is a ‘starter’ pack. we don’t want to get involved in the asset selling market, we needed these models for demonstration purpose as we invented the biome system back in the days

What we need is side icons instead of text similar to the properties editor imo

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.

I wasn’t suggesting using more image resources. My point was that it seems some nodes are repetitive for no reason, leading to the user having to tweak more nodes than would be necessary for the same result. But maybe there was some science behind?
I understand if that’s not where your focus is though. I can find other assets or make my own.

1 Like

Which material are you referring to for example ?

Hi, is there a way to scatter objects at polygon intersections?

Did you tried the proximity by object feature ?

Thanks, yes it works up to certain point, but there are cases where the objects are scatter on unwanted places.

If you want I can send you the file.
Extra question, is there a way to avoid selecting a collection to use the Remove Near Object and Lean Near Object?

here is one approach

the emitter needs a vertexgroup and a proximity modifier

the emittergeo needs also some geometry to create a fine weightmap

play with the values in the modifier as follows

intersection

scatter5intersection.zip (1.5 MB)

4 Likes