Geo-Scatter - 5.4 Scatter Groups

This not necessarily Blender or scatter related. But I want to post this here thinking it might spark some ideas. Tyflow is a rewrite of the 3ds max particle system. I’m curious how Scatter would handle 3d objects like trees and limbs and how to go about controlling that. Say for example you wanted Vines or moss to only grow on X face of an object.

1 Like

first post updated, tutorial 04 avaible

and release tomorrow !!!
Pay attention to my twitter account, free copies of scatter on release !
You guys may be winners who knows !

6 Likes

I’ve got no luck in lotteries so no :stuck_out_tongue:

Just bought it, unfortunately I’m at work on my work laptop that can’t even handle autocad properly. Can’t wait to get home to try it out. That camera clipping function looks amazing.

Congrats man.

1 Like

3ds max has PF source (Particle flow source). Not saying it is perfect but it is there and it can be combined with v-ray instancer to scatter proxies aswell so it is pretty much able to handle grass distribution and vegetation in general. Yes Scatter or FP plugins are WAY more convenient but point is that 3ds max has native particle system.

I know it is unrelated to this topic but just wanted to point that out.

Thank you ! i still need to do the tutorial about camera clipping this weekend

Annotation%202019-11-29%20114117

You guys rocks !

3 Likes

Hey Dorian,

Didn’t see any info on how the shaders on your biomes are set up. Could I easily adapt them to render in Octane instead of Cycles?

Yes, they are code free so my addon will not get in your way if you want to change the material
the materials are all named B01

1 Like

Bought! Nice job man.

1 Like

Thank youuuu !
don’t hesitate yo leave a rating if you like the product

1 Like

got my copy! Congrats on the release!

2 Likes

thank you senpai !

1 Like

How long the launch discount will last? I’m so broke right now… But I need Scatter :star_struck:

1 week
and another discount when it’s up on gumroad

3 Likes

Hi BD3D,

Does your addon have similar features like asset sketcher? Like painting various object randomly over surface?

1 Like

yes but you will need to use vertex painting as Scatter use a particle system

OK i see it’s not exactly like 3ds max geometry painting.

it’s the traditional way of painting particles in blender but way faster, as you only need a few clicks to set everything up

OK i see thank Dorian but for the moment i just need a geometry painter so i think my only option is asset sketcher.