Geo-Scatter - 5.4 Scatter Groups

Those close ups are beautiful :slight_smile:

Season 2 Update

Update will be available this SUNDAY for everyone.
Biggest update yet with new major features and reworks. changelogs this end of the week.

Proxify no more, say welcome to Lodify, the free an universal LOD system. most of Scatter now have some ‘_low’ level of detail option. nothing fancy tho.

Graswald will use the same universal lod system and it will be totally epic ! can’t wait to see what they will do :slight_smile:

https://twitter.com/dorianborremans/status/1252243769006620672

dd

in the meanwhile, SPRING SALES TIME
enjoy -25%

12 Likes

amazing render here

i think he used scatter, not sure
look like biome02 to me

yeah got a confirmation, great work and nice usage of Scatter!

3 Likes

Hi Dorian, where can I find the grass material for the terrain? Can only fin the biomes but not the texture…

1 Like

in the material category, by default its the biome category

1 Like

Hi all,

I made a carpet in a separate file but now I need to move that carpet to the final scene where everything is placed. So far I have failed by just copy/paste.
What is the safest way or best way to move a scatter setup to another file?

Cheers,
Juan

i will create a copy/paste operator for Season3, in the meanwhile i suggest to save the set up as a biome in your manager

copy pasting should work, you may just also copy the particle instance collection that scatter is creating, should work in the next update this sunday

This sounds great :slight_smile:

Hmm, ok. I will wait for the update then since this is a personal project.

Cheers,
Juan

Season2 Update

and the last feature of this Season2 is Point Cloud ! finally

thanks to @carbon2

https://twitter.com/dorianborremans/status/1253347052739854340

ezgif-6-02f0925074bd

:clap: :clap: :clap:

25 Likes

:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:
Wow! no joke!

2 Likes

:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

That looks like it can make particles required for large arch scenes finally useful :wink:

1 Like

a billions of particles on display is still not recommended
you still want to have a control over what is displayed,
i recommend no more than 100 000 on display within the viewport

1 Like

amazing! can you do this with customed objects? Or do I have to build something for it? Is there a video or tutorial on how to do this in houdini?

Do you have any recommendation for working with scatter on a high poly topo surface? In regards to settings / workflow?

Use subdivide modifiers for render only. The topology should be low poly for viewport and high poly for render, just like a good topology in animation

Hi! I want to ask this add-on,can let particle not overlapping?
Now that my scene has particle overlap issues, I can only convert it to a model and modify it manually

By the way,point cloud is goooood,this also reminds me whether it will save more performance when converted to Grease Pencil color points?

Scatter Season 2 Changelogs

• Installation is much more simple, install Scatter as a zip and it’s done. The biome library is no more in the default script/preset path, but in script/addon. (please remove old scatter versions before installing the new one).
  • General UI rework with a clear header/sub-header system + custom dedicated icons.
  • In each sub-header, for each feature of Scatter, there’s a new documentation operator, that will show you infos and tips about the concerned feature.
  • The texture feature got it’s own panel now, called “Clustering”, with a better workflow, randomization options and batch operations.
  • The main particle-list/selection area where all p-systems are located got an overhaul, the selection is now similar to the viewport, with shift-click to select multiple psys at the same time. There’s also a new handy alt-click to isolate (that can be combined with shift if needed).
  • Custom preset and biome creation got a rework.
  • Better msg delivery system.
  • “On Creation Options” got a workflow/GUI rework with new settings.
  • Fixed some bugs due to default name data translation if enabled.
  • I created a custom category system in the manager. there’s a new folder inside __biome__ called __categories__ where you can edit the categories of the biome manager easily. this will bring the possibility of external content to be created, so you could install additional external biome package just as an addon.
  • New ALTITUDE feature, add altitude layers with influences over x or y particles, while having a full control over your falloff with curve-mapping tweaking modifiers and min/max altitude sliders in real-time.
  • New SLOPE feature, add slope layers with influences over x or y particles, while having a full control over your falloff with curve-mapping tweaking modifiers and min/max slope degree sliders in real-time.
  • New BORDER feature, remove y particles x meters away from border procedurally, and replace them by z particles, for some really clean edges.
  • Performance boost for features that are managing modifiers (painting/boolean curves/slope/altitude/border/clipping).
  • New “hide all particles” operator available within the operator search menu.
  • New Curve mapping presets/functions.
  • Better Displacement Border workflow, with custom falloff control.
  • Upgraded the multilayer painting system and boolean curve system. Now each layers influences will have it’s own reverse ability.
  • Upgraded the Boolean Curve system, have full control over the curve falloff.
  • The statistic panel got a huge upgrade, it’s now real time, and it’s precisely calculating the particles count on render or on viewport depending on multiple factors (modifier enabled on viewport or render, particle viewport display %, number of children on display/render). it also does an approximation of the polycount displayed in the viewport so you can have a clear indication which particle system may be problematic.
  • The batch panel now got active sliders instead of batch buttons.
  • Replaced "Proxify "with “Lodify”, a custom universal free LOD system, with infinite level of detail support, custom model shown on viewport/rendered view/render and the ability to use this feature as a mesh backup solution.
  • POINT CLOUD will be introduced as a beta this season.

available in ± 1 hour

15 Likes

Cant wait that hour! :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

aaaaand it’s out ! :clap:
you got new emails for both gumroad or blendermarket normally

(please let me know if everything went smooth on first try + installation)

2 Likes