Geo-Scatter - 5.4 Scatter Groups

Right now there’s documentation for each features by clicking on the “?” button

As season3 improved the workflow to a final state, it’s finally a good time for me to start writting a pdf and making some videos

2 Likes

Hey Dorian. Nice to see that you are pushing forward. Quick question, is the idea of cycles textures for particle distribution still on the table, or are you waiting until everything/particle-nodes with this?

i think that the devs made it clear that it’s difficult to get information out of a shader.
Ideally, there’s stuffs like we have with the texture editor for sharing such information around multiple areas of a 3d software… But well it’s completely broken and useless right now and there’s still no plans to fix it ( they plan to rework completely the particle 2 systems BEFORE fixing this editor…) :roll_eyes:

Season3 Update

Alright the New Mask workflow is done !

spoiler alert this will be all masks available on Season3 Release.

More Infos soon

9 Likes

Looks so well executed!

1 Like

And here’s a little Demonstration on twitter (file too large for ba)

https://twitter.com/dorianborremans/status/1263562392375615488

https://twitter.com/dorianborremans/status/1263564221427658752

I’ll do a video showing off how to create a little realistically distributed forest using this system (as i need some feedback), everything need to be perfect for Season3. (After that no more big design changes)

10 Likes

Hey, I have encountered an issue with adding custom textures to clustering. I am using the newest version.

So when using one of the biomes I am wanting to add a custom mask I painted to the clustering without messing up the tailored distribution the biome comes with. When I go down to clustering and click ‘Image’ on the second clustering setting it completely resets the settings in the first one. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

I am using the newest version.

Season 2 or Season 2.1 ?
i did a quickfix right after season 2 release

Thanks fro the report, i’ll try to reproduct this bug

could you tell me if your first clustering slot was a texture or an image ?

Season 2.1.

I was using biome 02. When I would click ‘Image’ to add my own in slot 2 it would set slot 1 to ‘Image’ as well instead of staying on ‘Noise’ like the biome comes with. When I set slot 1 back to ‘Noise’ it resets all the setting in it back to the defaults instead of the values that came with the biome.

I was using biome 02. When I would click ‘Image’ to add my own in slot 2 it would set slot 1 to ‘Image’ as well instead of staying on ‘Noise’ like the biome comes with. When I set slot 1 back to ‘Noise’ it resets all the setting in it back to the defaults instead of the values that came with the biome.

i hope this is not coming from blender, i already stumble into this issue once
I’ll investigate,

Thanks for the report
Bests

1 Like

So what render engine do you recommend with it?

Cycles or E-cycles of course

1 Like

Scatter Season 3

Here’s a quick look at the “Fake Watershed” Distribution mask :slight_smile:

The calculation is quite simple and fast, but still I’m, eager to create a real WaterAccumulation Map

21 Likes

I read on Twitter that these masks will be accessible in the shader. That is absolutely fantastic news! I see so many opportunities for procedural shading options on all sorts of objects.

2 Likes

wow… procedural masks accessible via shaders? That’s a dream come true…

Yes I made a function that batch convert vertex groups to vertex color with their modifiers

procedural masks accessible via shaders?

*non-destructive weight painting masks.

3 Likes

So Dorian, the latest Scatter available is the one I downloaded a month ago on April 26? If you had some kind of versioning going on and something more than merely “scatter.zip”, I might be able to distinguish one copy from another… :wink:

Here’s another example of the Non-Destructive Mask Workflow

18 Likes

That’s looking really good. When can we have it?

3 Likes

That’s looking really good. When can we have it?

When it’s nearly ready I’ll make an announcement.
In the meanwhile, beta testers are welcome.

Season 3 Update :

Found out how to create True Waterflow (Watershed) Masks.

9 Likes