Geometry node navigation

Geometry node window navigation help please if anyone can… I use a 3button mouse and would like to change the Geometry Nodes window navigation zoom in/out from wheel in/out to industry standard ALT-R. I haven’t found the option listed in the hotkey manager to allow me to change that. Can anyone help?

(Blender noob here but 30 yrs professional Softimage and latterly Maya and Houdini experience. It sounds awful writing that down but just wanted to head off any potential RTFM comments :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks

Hello there!

I think what you’re looking for is in Preferences > Keymap > View2D: “Zoom In” and “Zoom Out” (2 defaults set to wheel and 2 - to Numpad +/-).

1 Like

You mean Alt+“Right Mouse Button” right? Its set up like that for the Industry Compatible Keymap. So you can look it up there if needed. Search for “Zoom 2D View”

2 Likes

Ah! Brilliant, thanks. My mistake was to look for Geometry nodes window in the keymap options rather than 2d-window. I prefer to keep most of blender shortcuts (for tutorial purposes) other than camera/window navigation so I have just tweaked the required settings. Thanks again. Loving Geometry Nodes btw Just like ICE in Softimage and a lot friendlier than VOPS in Houdini.

1 Like