Geometry nodes: is it possible to adjust multiple parameters with one float curve?

Hi folks,

Imagine this:

I have two parameters and i want to scale them both with the exact same float curve setting.

Obviously i can just create two float curves and manually set the same setting on both, but is there another way to do it, so that adjusting one float curve affects both parameters?

I thought it might be possible with a vector curve, but it seems (weirdly) that you can’t adjust multiple axis on the vector curve at the same time.

The problem (as i see it) is that the parameters i want to change need to be fed into the inputs of the float curves, so how is it possible to have one float curve perform the same task for both parameters!

EDIT!: this discussion seems to be about the same thing:

Someone gives the answer that putting the float curves in a group will fix it, but i don’t understand how that solves the problem.

Any ideas?

The problem of the suggestions on RCS is:

It has to connect all settings for ever node type..

So… no…
but you can connect some parameters via drivers… for a float curve you have to have to do this for every single point…

Anyway: for doing this with max 3 curves you may wanna try RGB curves and just add a Separate XYZ node at the color output… ??

You just have to create a nodegroup containing the curve, then duplicate nodegroup node to use it in another connection.

Aha, i tried it with a vector curve (didn’t work), but i forgot about RGB curves, that does it, many thanks! :+1: :pray:

Ok, i didn’t know that was how group duplicates work (that internal changes propagate across all duplicate groups), thanks! :pray: