Geometry nodes scifi panels generator (with project file)

Made these geometry node groups that allow you to create scifi panels along with hanging cables and pipes. This could be used to create procedural detail for scifi buildings and spaceships…

You can get similar effects as the Discombobulator addon exept you have more customizing freedom.
I use recursive subdivision as the main basis and add to the mesh based on that.

There are a few main nodes:

I was also thinking about having some greebles to scatter around, but I didn’t get around to modeling scifi greebles.
I also made a shader for it, but you may encounter some shading glitches due to overlapping geometry.

If you have any suggestions or tips on what to further add to this project please let me know!
As always, here is the .blend file if you want to play around with it:

22 Likes

Awesome! It’s amazing what people are doing with geometry nodes. I feel like such a caveman haha

1 Like

You just need to start learning it somewhere and it gets more and more exiting the more you know. One of the reasons that I learnt geometry nodes was to make a scifi panel generator, but of course now I use it all the time!

Here is an update for the node groups:
I added a node group that allows you to add bolts along the edges of different faces such as this:

It also allows you to use a custom bolt if you feel like it.

I updated the link for the newest version.

3 Likes

Updated the recursive subdivision, and now it works with the repeat zone.

Here is the generator in action:
20240113214956-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter

I also cleaned up some of the node groups, and put everything up on gumroad

1 Like

Need to learn to do stuff like this, because I need stuff like that, might use that node group, thanks for sharing!!

1 Like

I hope you find this useful!

1 Like

I will for sure, thanks!!

1 Like