Geometry Nodes squeeze colliding objects

Is it possible to create such effect with geometry nodes - when two objects colliding, instead of intersection, geometry is pushed back like objects are squezed with maintain volume effect? Would be great if someone provide node group set up of such effect. Thanks in advance.

Yeah, cool addon, but I would like to recreate similar effect myself, to understand how it works. GN are still obscure topic to me. There are so many geonodes in blender it’s a bit overwhelming! :slight_smile:

Hey, I have provided some explanation of how the node tree works in the thread. I will always encourage exploring and creating on your own. Although I will not advise a beginner to undertake a project like this. I legit had to read a couple of computer science papers (which is not very easy for someone like me who cannot read code). You will need a very deep understanding of geometry domains, smoothing algorithms, ray-casting, precision errors etc. To be completely honest I myself don’t know why some things work the way they do and the current results you are seeing are accomplished over hundreds of trials and errors. Other than that I have also studied human anatomy so I know how things should look like. But if you are really determined to create something like this on your own I am always ready to answer all your questions.

3 Likes