Geonodes apply - not working?

I just started using geonodes as a way to clone meshes along a path. It’s by far the fastest and most efficient way I’ve discovered in Blender and it works great but for one thing.

I’m producing cones along a path to use as a road in a game. The cones look great in Blender, but since I’m assuming they won’t export cleanly to Unity, I’d like to convert them to geometry beforehand. The problem is, when I go to the Modifiers stack to Apply them, I get the warning “Transform curve to mesh in order to apply constructive modifiers”. But, when I try to convert the curve to a mesh, the whole thing disappears. Any workarounds for this? I’m including a snip of my nodes, with the Geometry at the top left being the curve.
Thanks in advance?
Nick J.

Hi,
Add a realize instances node at the end to turn instances into geometry that you can convert.
Good luck.

1 Like

Thank you! Weirdly, that didn’t quite work, either. What did was to convert the curve to a mesh and then, in geonodes, use a Mesh To Curve, then use everything as before with the addition of the Realize Instances as you said. Works fine now. Again, thanks!!

1 Like

In future, use Object->Convert->Mesh instead of applying the modifier.

Good luck!

Thank you! I’m a longtime Blender user, but haven’t had time to investigate geonodes until now, so I’m operating without documentation or tutorials. Overall, it’s really understandable, but there are these unexpected by-ways that I’m sure will trip me up. I’m hoping to get into more tutorials and so forth as soon as I can, since what I’m seeing from others is really inspirational.