Geralt of Rivia

Geralt of Rivia otherwise known as White Wolf is the main character from Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. I’m a huge fan of the game and while I was waiting for the latest expansion to be released I thought it would be fun doing some fan art.

This is probably the most detailed character I’ve made and I learned a lot about SSS and hair particles. That being said I still believe much could be improved upon including the overall likeness as well as better hair. Rendered in cycles with 700 samples. Unfortunately my GPU couldn’t handle the SSS, 4k head texture and all that hair so I had to render with my CPU which took about 6 hours and caused me to be late for the the Blender Guru competition.

Here is the link if you would like to see the higher quality img:
https://www.behance.net/gallery/38080815/Geralt-of-Rivia

Attachments

3 Likes

Very nice! The details are impressive!

Hey there, really nice work. Incredible detail especially in the armor!

I know it hurts with such long rendertimes, but i think the eyes need a bit more work. It looks a bit like he is cross eyed to be honest.
I recon a more detailed model with Iris and cornea should do the trick.

great amount of detail, I like the results on his hair and props!
the skin shader also is good!

Thanks guys.

Karim Eich - The eyes do look cross eyed. I followed a tutorial from Cesar89 but I had to modify the shader a bit because this character is suppose to have glowing eyes. I think emission hides most of the reflections and makes it less believable.

Here is a link to the tutorial:

Good tutorial, thanks for the Link :wink:

So you did that already… hmm hard to say what could improve the eyes then. My best guess would be to either darken the right eye (from the viewers perspektive) or change the direction of the eyes a bit.

Eyes look weirdly luminous, and maybe that’s what it looked like in the game. Armor and textures are amazing. Great expression sculpting; skin sculpturing is also great, though the SSS looks a little off. Good job on the hair too. Overall, exceptional job.

well, he’s got a little bit of creepy face, but it’s better than anything I would make :smiley:
great job mate :slight_smile:

I edited your image a little bit to make him look more human