Germz! (2d platformer- built in UPBGE 0.2.5)

Story
“Xeno” germs wiped out all organic life in their dimension. They need new hosts to survive. And they just found a way into our dimension…

ABOUT
Germz is a very basic 2D platformer. Low challenge, easy to play. It’s a simple game so I will do the story, art and music myself. So far, the player has abilities like double jump, dash, super slam and glide.
NOTE: UPBGE 0.3 freezes on my system so I’ll be using 0.2.5 for now.
Platformer img 1-500x300
Platformer img 2-500x300
Platformer img 3-500x300

Germ 1
Main Player
Player Suit_alternate

Goals
My ultimate goal is to make every type of 2d and 3d game in the Blender Game Engine. Delusional? Maybe. Only one way to find out…

RELEASES
The .blend files will be released here. The runtime isn’t ready…I can’t justify a 70 mb demo with just one level, no art or sound included you know?
The complete game or justifiable runtime, will be released on Itch.io. I’ll launch on steam once the paperwork is in order. The game is short so I’ll probably charge between 2 and 5$.

WHATS NEXT
The next game might be a top down arena style game. 2d for now.

Contact info:
[email protected]
Twitter(x) - @ragingbstorm

The demo in action. Not much to look at, more details on the way.

Playable Blend demo:
Platformer DEMO.zip (840.3 KB)

It was built in UPBGE 0.2.5.

Share your thoughts would you kindly? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Revising the story.

King Virus and his minions, Amoebas and Fungi, have escaped their dimension and are currently hiding inside of a human host. Experimental tech Winsley Faulkner is shrunk down to microscopic size and sent to eliminate the clever xeno germs.

Goofy idea but someone’s gotta do it :sunglasses:

Revised germz pixel art
Fungal Force ZOOM