Gforce gtx 1660 supper settings

hello guys i’m new to blender i’m unity dev and i decided to start 3d so my question is what option should i use for my cycles rendering engine

Best way to answer that is by stressing your system with a scene. There’s several Blender demo files, but I suggest that you test with The Junk Shop setup. Render CPU only, twice with GPU only and hybrid. For GPU test try Render Properties > Film > Performance > Use Tiling enabled and disabled, may have a difference depending on amount of VRAM avaiable. I believe that GPU will have the best output in this scene, but be aware that GPU rendering will always have VRAM limitations regardless render engine.

Welcome to BA :slight_smile: You can check Blender OpenData at opendata.blender.org to compare your CPU vs GPU. Higher number is better. Your CPU has a score of 106. Your GPU has a score of 817. You should use your GPU. Be aware that your CPU is old enough and weak enough that it’s probably going to bottleneck your GPU, so you’re probably not going to get that high of a score even GPU rendering.

CUDA. You can use OptiX and it will work and basically produce the same result, but on a GTX card it will be slower in basically every render.

Don’t use the CPU as well, since that will just slow down the GPU and make the render take longer.

Since you have a Nvidia card, you can’t use HIP (which is for AMD cards) or oneAPI (which is for the new Intel Arc cards).

If you ever get an RTX based Nvidia card, then make sure to switch over to OptiX, as that will then take advantage of the RT cores of those newer cards and will beat the living snot out of any GTX card using CUDA.

1 Like