Ghost particles left behind since Blender 3.0 [Bug?]

Ever since I updated my animation project to Blender 3.0, one of my Particle systems has been irreparably broken.
This is a simple capsule shaped emitter that creates object based Bubble particles during a short timeframe, affected by forces like Turbulence and Wind (that are in the same layer as the emitter).
After rebaking all particle systems, this system appears to work just fine in the Viewport, however as soon as the animation is rendered, the particle system appears to display TWICE! Once, with the physics properly working as they should (the wind and turbulence), but alongside that a second time with no physics affecting the particles whatsoever. It looks like the particle system renders a second ‘Ghost’ version of the particles on top of the proper version that are not being affected by any forces.

• The viewport does not have simplified particle display and ‘Child particles’ is set to show all.
  • There are no duplicates of this particle system in the scene.
  • Rebaking does not help.
  • I have also tried unparenting the particle system and leaving it out in the main scene collection along with the forces, this changed nothing.
  • The viewport shows this system completely fine, it goes wrong once it is rendered.

Ghost Particles

When I open this project back in Blender 2.91, the particle system works just fine.

Since other parts of the animation are no longer backwards compatible, I can’t use 2.91 to render those frames though, so until I can fix this problem in Blender 3.0 I am stuck on this project.

Has anyone experienced any similar issue or have any idea what might be causing this behaviour?