Giant fire on the hell near where I live.

So, it’s July the 3rd and ALREADY an entire hill has just been sent up into a giant burst of flames. Video and pictures to come soon.

And thats why you should neevvverr play with fire kids.

:smiley:

This is a short video of it. Sorry for the low quality at times. I have a mini camera and it is bad with low-light conditions.

Its definitely more firework friendly on the west side of the hills(north of Bellingham). Stifling humidity helps prevent fires even when there hasn’t been rain for the past couple hours(last week I had to use the furnace still). The fireworks start about a week before the 4th and go a few days after, makes sense though since they have to take advantage of the good weather beforehand because its usually raining on the 4th(looks good this time around though). Last night we had a few car alarms go off from fireworks a neighborhood over but that’s about it(nice show though). The reservations are close by so the firework around here aren’t exactly the legal kind.

On the hell where you live? Gee, I’ve always (not!) wanted to meet someone who lived there. :wink:

I meant to type “hill”. I wanted to fix the title but it wouldn’t let me like most other forums.

Also, I was pressed for time.

When things like this hit close to home, you realise that such things don’t happen to others, elsewhere. Sure does put things into perspective.

If there’s any dry vegetation on or near your property, or you use anything that makes use of fire or electricity, you have a risk of a fire starting that causes damage to your house (either inside from carelessness or an accident or outside from lightning or bonfires ect…)

To not have that risk pretty much means living in the desert or the arctic in a home that’s made of either masonry, stone, concrete, or ice without any modern comforts or anything woven or soft. That likely includes your home, so it would be nice if you could show a little more sensibility when someone’s life or property is in danger.

Anyway, hope you pull through and it rains in your area soon, do they know if the fire was started by lightning or a man-made source?

Good point, there is always a risk, but there is a big different between the risk of that one in a million firework that’s still on fire and lands on your roof and burns a hole in it(or maybe that whole house if you are unlucky) or starts a small brush fire that someone can put out with a hose, like in western Washington, and a small spark that can set massive wildfires into motion and burn entire neighborhoods and threaten cities like in eastern Washington.