Gibson Les Paul Electric Guitar

Gibson Les Paul,

Modeled in Blender 2.92, Texturing and Texture Paint in Blender/ Gimp.

33 Likes

Wow! :dizzy_face: :dizzy_face:

This needs more renders from diferent angles.

It seems it can be insanely good.

2 Likes

Superb work indeed, nice colors too, Had a black Custom I played
for ten yrs and sold it. Still kicking myself but this sure brings back
memories. Thanks for posting

1 Like

Looks great, just the seam on the left is a little distracting. I’m sure you could unwrap that a little differently and make it perfect :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s what the wood grain actually looks like I would imagine.

2 Likes

Oh, just looked it up. Looked a little weird to me but it’s actually like that :joy:

1 Like

Hey there :slight_smile: thanks for your feedback :slight_smile: stay tuned… 3D model process is still in work to finish it :slight_smile: more renders will follow :smiley:
Wood (bookmatch) isn’t still perfect, if you look closely to real photos, there is a smoother joint like @FishPlayer_HD said. It’s indeed a little confusion for the eye. I will work on that… And for my taste there is still missing a greater 3D-effect (flamed maple)

@satch63 i know that issue… it happend several times to me :frowning: guitar and amp vise

Hey, I did a guitar design of my own here. If you get an extra second could ya give it
a look. Any thoughts appreciated

@dogdayfear

2 Likes

I just replied on Focused Critiques: Stratocaster Sunburst but this seems to go for another :100: (albeit this one isn’t a finnished project yet, i believe you both posted in the opposite subforum :upside_down_face:).

This might be true! Though my work is considered done, i still wanted some critique, that’s why i didn’t post it as a finished project. :wink:

1 Like

This is awesome.

Nice detail on the bridge, making the tuning adjustments so it’s not just straight across.

The thing I noticed are the screws. The slots don’t get polished. Those are made with a grinder, so you end up with semi-circular lines on the side. And then to take some of the sharpness away the edges are smoothed a bit, so the radii there (or bevel if you prefer that term) might be larger. It’s especially noticeable with the screw on the upper left because we’re looking straight down the slot, which is flat in your render, but in reality, is probably not. I mean, it could be. Someone could make it with a mill instead, but if you look at this particular bridge, they are made with a grinder.

I also noticed the holes for the strings in the bottom there are razer sharp. I know that’s the bit you didn’t fix the topology, but a really small bevel will still help catch a glimmer of highlight. When things are chrome plated, they will never have a knife edge.

2 Likes

Hey there i will let an oppinion on your guitar ASAP :slight_smile:

@kalamazandy
Hey there, thanks for taking time to investigate my render :smiley:
You are right, sharp edges mostly come from boolean operations… i added bevel on Principled Shader in Normal, works just fine (Y)
If you’re interested i will repost a very final series of renders in a few weeks.
But hey, thanks for your critics, very sharp eye :wink: appreciate it!!

Nice work. Really into my guitars at the moment. Looking forward to seeing more pics of this.

1 Like