gimp 2.7.2

Don’t plan to use it myself as i need currently all my GIMP 2.6.10 plugins to work for what i do and don’t want to toy around unstable or incompatible functions again, but the “official” development beta version of GIMP 2.7.2 is now available :

As you can read, there are a lot of fixes and addition since 2.7.1.
Be warned that previous development build ( 2.7.1 ) deleted your GIMP 2.6.x install for some reason before installing itself, so in case 2.7.2 does the same insane thing, be sure to keep your 2.6.x plugins and installer somewhere safe for a reinstall if you don’t want to keep the beta of 2.7.2

Here´s the new version of Gimp compile for Windows 7 64bits Unofficial.

http://www.partha.com/

GIMP 2.7.3 Unofficial HERE

Do you know where can I report bugs on this version? there are some really annoying glitches in the single window mode.

I found that the bug I detected had already been notified in 2009 and got a most disheartening response from one of the developers on the lines of “forget it”; similar bugs were analyzed only in the context of Linux without any care to Windows UI coventions. Well, better to discover immediately that there is no point in doing bug testing and reporting for GIMP as it is just waste of time.

Thank you a lot for your kind help.

is no point in doing bug testing and reporting for GIMP as it is just waste of time.
i realized that a long time a go.

Watching a tutorial I realized that I already have a good image processing tool: Blender compositor. I assume that internally it works in high precision (i.e. more than 8 bits) right?

I just compiled the Gimp 2.7.2 (Linux 64bits) last saturday! I had to compile 6 libraries (babl, gegl, glib, gtk, pixman, etc…) before it. At least i haven’t come across the 2.6 (GTK+wacom tablet) bug which makes you lose focus on dialogue windows opened with the tablet.