GIMP 2.9.6 is out

Can’t seem to get GMIC to be part of the install environment after installing GIMP 2.10. Maybe it will be fixed in the ‘official’ release. I also saw slightly blurred text, not easy.

If you open the content of the folder the GIMP is in (on the boot drive in ‘program files’), you will notice a folder labeled lib.

When you download G’MIC and unzip the contents, you would place its folder inside of it.

My reply told why. I was wanting to see if the plugins are not working because of being 64bit or if it’s just a version thing.

Yeah, it seems to be a bit of a pain, I’ll see if we already have a feature request on that in the tracker.

Nope, we might do that for 2.10 final release though.

I’m really loving the new Light & Shadow filter so far (how it makes the image brighter while maintaining contrast and saturation).

If this is the type of stuff to be expected as a result of the GEGL work, please make more.

Development branch now has painting done in a separate thread from UI which makes painting feel quite a bit speedier.

We also replaced the default dark theme with a better one.

All of this will be in 2.10.

GIMP 2.10.0 Release Candidate 2 Released: https://www.gimp.org/news/2018/04/17/gimp-2-10-0-rc2-released/

Win/Mac builds hopefully coming soon enough.

Great news everyone! Looking at the features & fixes of this release it’s looking really good. :slight_smile:

Current Stable Version
The current stable release of GIMP is 2.10.0 (2018-04-27)

Hope this helps,
/mp

GIMP 2.10.0 Released

Windows version has microscopic icons. 2x2 pixels. I thought blender’s icons were small.

Set the icon theme to custom size, which defaults to “small.” I’ll say! 2x2 is pretty small.
Set to “medium” and the tool icons on the right side appear “normal” at 24x24, but all other icons stay at 2x2.
Set to “large” and the tool icons shrink down to 4x4, while the tabs are 24x24, some icons below the layers area are 3x3 except one icon that is 24x24, and the rest are still 2x2.
Set to “huge” and the tool icons grow to 6x6, the tabs shrink to 4x4, the icons below the layers grew to 4x4, and some are now 3x3 and the rest like in menus are still 2x2.

LOL. Typical.

At least the “Legacy” icon theme functions (EDIT: sort of) correctly. There are still a few 2x2 pixel icons, but most are fine.

The tooltips also appear to have ends that are either missing or separated by a few pixels:

I know GIMP is known to have issues on windows… but still.

a request,option to set default export format,for png option to export without alpha channel.

The RC2 dev. build I have does not have this icon problem (using the Win64 build). Something must’ve gotten lost in translation when the building was switched to doing an official release instead.

Perhaps Prokoudine could take a look?

How many of you have downloaded and installed 2.10? I see there’s reports on blendernation and gimpusers of a virus and one person can’t delete a certain file. I will prolly wait to download it now.

There’s reports that the GIMP team decided to have bit-torrent as a download option, so I wonder if a major cause is using that.

The reason I bring that up is that some providers of free Torrent downloaders are notorious for incredibly shady practices to ensure they have operating money (such as the installer setting your PC up to mine crypto-coins without your permission).

I can verify that the direct download installer and torrent version that I have both have the same hash and match the hash on the download page: ca990683d398cb85a0f6d970f183bf68

One could ask why they still using MD5 instead of at least SHA256.

Up-to-date Security Essentials does not complain at all. Most likely it is just AV software getting pissed about some combo of sys-calls or something. In the past I have compiled my own code that immediately gave AV software seizures for that same reason.

i prefer using Partha’s portable versions. never let me down

Congrats on the hard work and thank you !

Hmmm I’m not getting this icon problem (Windows7)…