Glob Abstract HELP

I have been trying to make a semi-liquid substance kinda seep through a wireframe (Shown below) I first tried using soft body physics and quickly realised that my wireframe mesh has way to many verticies and i don’t know a work around that. As you can tell im still learning particle simulations.

For a clear example of the end goal im trying to achieve here is an artwork piece by David Brodeur which was done in Maxon Cinema 4D.
https://www.behance.net/gallery/38236779/Poison-Series

Thank you in advance for any suggestion and help you can provide. :blush:

I did something like that with Flip Fluids but you can probably do the same thing with the new Manta Flow that’s now in blender. I lost my blend file but I used a very high surface tension and maybe also some viscosity.

2 Likes

I remember seeing a lot of David Brodeur’s work in this series a while ago and thought it was so cool. He has a screen capture of the process for one of his creations here:

There isn’t sound, but maybe looking at his process in C4D can help understand a similar way to do this in Blender. Skipping around the video, at around 25min it looks like he might be animating the extruded faces outwards on a low poly object where each face is one of the holes. And then maybe smoothing out the buldges by subdividing. I’m not really sure though, I am not very experienced in modeling and animation.

1 Like

Thank you for the help I will be tinkering with the new simulation rather than trying with soft bodies. I’ll post the result when im done.

That’s awesome! I only found this video when i was researching his work.

Your video is even better thank you!