Glowing Tree

I made this one some time back.
This is inspired by one of polygonrunway’s tutorials called Spring.

Modified a bit and added some lights :smiley:

I didn’t want to post stuff I made mostly following other’s tutorials here but I really liked this one a lot and couldn’t resist ahaha.

11 Likes

I like this, which I don’t usually say as I don’t tend to Like low -poly work.
Only one thing…the small rocks in the back pond, don’t work as well as the front ones…R rock looks like crumpled paper, L rock looks like it is floating…Front pond rocks work well!

1 Like

Hey thanks for the feedback ! I am glad you liked it :grin:

Yeah I should have put more effort on the rocks.This was my first time modelling rocks and I need to practise more hehe
And for the floating rock I think it’s because of the ortho camera or maybe because it got positioned in a weird way but I did check,it’s not floating :sweat_smile: :joy:

1 Like

It is beautiful. The lightning is wonderful. I like the concept of a little square patch of land, it fits the concept of art on the computer.

The rendering: This is cycles, not Eevee? Is that a bloom effect in Eevee or a volumetric thing in cycles, or a post processing thing? That’s a nice touch, the bevel on the fore corner. All lighting is so soft, I kind of want a hard shadow on the bottom as cast by the green square, but not sure how to do that… And the size makes it a little hard to view the full size, did you try a “landscape” render? The only other thing is maybe put a rock (or just a few pieces of grass) in that bare patch on the right.

Back pond rocks: I would take out the very back one and tweak the right one, make it smaller, more submerged, rotated…

1 Like

Hi Thanks for the detailed feedback !
Yes this is cycles and you can add some bloom effect in the compositing window using the glare node.But for this I think I just increased it’s exposure a little bit on my phone.
I don’t know much about adjusting shadows but I will surely learn about it .

And I wasn’t looking for a landscape render in this one but I do prefer it that way as it makes it look more ‘realistic’ I guess.

Yeah I should put more rocks there in the right because as you have mentioned it now I can see the empty spot ahaha

I will look into the arrangement of the rocks too !

Really appreciate your feedback!Have a great day :smiley:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Omg Thank you so much !!:pray:
You too have a great weekend! :grin:

1 Like