God damn you yafray

Hey peeps is there anyone who speaks computer and can translate this ?

i have blender 2.48a newest yafray and python 2.6.2 installed all 32bit
???

Attachments

I believe blender 2.48a uses python 2.5. Update to blender 2.49 which uses python 2.6 and a yafaray version that uses python 2.6.

Richard

When you start blender does it say in the console “import site Failed…”?
If so, Richard is right. Otherwise, maybe reinstall Yafaray?

Yafaray won’t work with blender 64 bit. just so you know. so i can’t use it.

you also need to make sure that you have python 2.6 installed

okay new install with blender 2.49 and python 2.6.2 get the render gui but now i get the error below
at yafray forum http://www.yafaray.org/community/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1747&view=next&sid=dd7aaa8f4ce166403922a748d067ae22

doesn’t happen on simple renders but on my current project that has water sim with transparency and ray mirror turned on it crashes to console and leaves an ugly python script :frowning:

here is my exact error :stuck_out_tongue:

Attachments

It looks like a texture problem, are you using Yafaray’s Blend material or Blender’s Blend texture?

If you want to use yafaray you can run 64bit and 32 bit versions of blender side by side.

Richard

well i don’t have any textures just materials which were setup in blender just installed yafray opened the exporter and hit render?

Well, at least you know it is particular to that one .blend file.
Try removing objects until you find the one causing the problem. You should be able to narrow it down that way.

cheers bud will have a play

okay removed all the materials from the scene and happy days it rendered but if i add one blender material it crashes i even tried just changing the color of the box in the default start up screen which also resulted in a crash

ouch!! I reckon that you should update your blender to 2.49, so it will work without a hitch, it does for me :slight_smile:

yer this is in blender 2.49 bud think i may need a fresh install of windows or put linux back on my machine at the moment im running windows XP corporate SP3 python 2.6.2 and the latest yafray downloaded yesterday?

Can you upload the .blend file somewhere?

i will if i get a chance away working for next few days :S