Goldfish - Robotic Wildlife Challenge entry

Goldfish is my entry to the Robotic Wildlife Challenge by CG Boost.
It was my first individual project, which I worked on for 18 days.

Modeling, texturing, rigging, animation, environment, lighting, compositing, and rendering were done in Blender.
More renders + Animations are here: My ArtStation

Goldfish - Robotic Wildlife Final Animation

19 Likes

This looks so good! It reminds me of the Ifish I had when I was a kid

1 Like

Thank you! It would be interesting to see what your fish looked like. :smiley:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Hey Bart! I’m new here and don’t quite understand what this means. I will go read more information about this forum.
But thank you very much, I appreciate the attention to my work. :smiley:

1 Like

Very cool model. The animation is so good too. Great work.

1 Like

Thank you, I very much appreciate your feedback :grinning:

Very impressive work! I especially like your Blue-Print render. The animation was also fun to analyze, as there is much more than first meets the eye.

Happy Blending!

1 Like

Thank you for your attention to my work and such pleasant feedback! It inspires me a lot. :star_struck:

This project was made as part of the Robotic Wildlife challenge, and according to the rules, my animation had to last only 6 seconds. It’s hard to tell a story in such a short time, but I tried.
The main idea was a post-apocalyptic world in which my robot fish explores the remains of a previous civilization. While scanning the ruins, it can restore the original appearance of objects in the form of a hologram. :nerd_face:
So I’m glad you like it.

Well, you sure nailed the 6-second video and told the story well!
Happy Blending

1 Like

There are the best entries of the Robotic Wildlife challenge and I’m proud my Goldfish was one of them. Not at top-10, but it was just my first challenge ever :blush::

2 Likes

I also uploaded my final animation to YouTube and added it to the post so that everyone can see it here :blush: