Good Omen's 2D Sketchbook

Decided to have a separate sketchbook for my 2D stuff to not mix the two things in one place. Inspired by people like @joseph I’ll fill this in with my thoughts about coming selfstudy plans.

Recent sketch for placeholder for now

Lets go! :partying_face:

14 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

:exploding_head: This is unexpected. Feels very strange. But thank you so much!

1 Like

A bit all over the place with my sketchbooks so posting current 2d stuff in here.
Some stuff from today, looking at muscles, feeling like I slowly get a better grasp of the forms although I’m doing a lot of mistakes; excited to get better

non-blender

8 Likes

practicing, implementing

non-blender

10 Likes

:heart_eyes:
(can’t come up with an intelligent comment to meet a 10-character requirement - these are so nice)

2 Likes

Thank you so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Hope you update your sketchbook soon, too

2 Likes

Have a look at me sketching a mix of dino/dragon and lion with a head that needs to be fixed because it’s far too small :crazy_face: And that crop… I’m still so new at recording anything. Hope everyone is doing absolutely fantastic

non-blender

7 Likes

some serious study sessions w/ anatomy and perspective needed, let’s get better :slight_smile:

non-blender

8 Likes

So serious, so cute :face_holding_back_tears:

2 Likes

yes, eagles always look so judgemental, cracking me up

2 Likes

pushed myself to finish, challenging myself to only use 1 brush (+ soft brush for bg), took way too much time, next time small studies with smaller resolution

a lot of it wrong here, especially the arms, but thats something I def learned now. better to start with correct thumbnails first and not jump in and take a exercise further while listening to Megadeth :crazy_face:

non-blender

10 Likes

2 color studies inspired by the progress in other sketchbooks today :sunflower:

12 Likes

Speaking of Pre-Raphaelite painters… who’s the original painter for the bottom left? (Nice work, by the way!)

1 Like

John William Waterhouse, extremely beautiful paintings. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aha, I thought I recognized it :grin:

1 Like

Completely forgot how challenging quick pose studies are (1min), need a lot more of those

8 Likes

1 minute??? Wow! How long have you been drawing?

3 Likes

1 min ? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

there’s even some sites out there that will do that to you … show a model image for just one minute, then switch to another. or another set amount of time.

2 Likes