Gorgeous Horse walk cycle update 1/10/2023

here is a horse walk cycle

1 Like

Hi, Thats very good effort and i think you can improve your animations by watching this example:
https://youtu.be/INQx-Lzs8mU?si=EzygUe6_7Zw6pCWp

1 Like

ok here is the updated version, i think its better but still there is still some problems on the front shoulder move which is basically a rig problem! but i need more time to find a way to fix it

Thanks for suggestion,I will check

You lost the muscle stretch that you had in the first anim, it was just about perfect… you might need to use a wrinkle map to get the center chest to react to the leg movement, as it doesn’t move as it should…

I thought you might get some ideas and enjoy watching this…

1 Like

hi do you have any tutorial how to use wrinkle maps?

Sure thing…

2 Likes

ok i watch! but do you have some particular wrinkle maps for lets say animals and humans?

i mean how i know what kind of wrinkles i need for horse chest?

You are just replacing the Tube with Horse… Think of it that way…

There are many ways of doing this like activating a normal map with a bone using a driver…
You could Hand Paint a map to add the wrinkles…

But I figured your horse was a single mesh so you could do it procedurally on all the areas that stretched or compressed during the animation, and you are using the Geo Nodes to enhance and add the wrinkles or remove based on how the horse walks ( It will take some tweaking to get things right)…

This is a bit different as it drives wrinkles on Human Face…

1 Like

Thanks I will experiment,as for the walk cycle how do you like it? I mean if we don’t count the wrinkles :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think the 1st one was better the chest muscles moved like they should, in the second they were stiff…
But all in all on a real good start!

1 Like

hi, the main problem is i need normal maps for my characters
and my character doesnt have normal maps, im talking for the tension maps

1 Like

and the tutorial for creating wrinkles with geometry nodes i couldnt follow for some reason it didnt worked for me