Goro Fujita 2D to 3D

Hey guys!
For school I have to make a fantasy image, I decided to do something based from this image of Goro Fujita : http://conceptartworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Goro_Fujita_01a.jpg

I probably won’t do the exact same image since we only have one week to do it and I have other classes. It’s due on Friday.

Anyway, here’s where I’m at :

I just fooled around with the particle system, and I really like where this is going. :slight_smile:
I still have to make the characters (I might only do the alien since well, I just have tomorrow to finish it haha)

Please don’t hesitate to critic, i’m open to it. :wink:

Oh and yeah, if any of you new where I could find great Auroras to put in the background, please tell me, I can’t find anything cool on google and I don’t know where else to search.

Edit : Here’s a quick update before i’m going to sleep. I’ll do the character tomorrow and i’ll call it done.

Okay, I made a rough sculpt of the alien, the face will definitly change, I just sketched it to see if a cyclop would work.
the hands are weird but i’ll get them right after having retopologize the little guy.

The deadline was moved from tomorrow to monday so i’ll keep this post updated this week end. :slight_smile:

Great way using particles, I like it!

Thanks!
I have three particle systems, one for the basic grass, another one for the grass but with just a few longer packed grass blades to add randomness and finally one for the clovers.
And yeah, it’s pretty much killing my computer. :slight_smile:

Very nice particles on the hills. I recommend adding some colour variation to the flowers as well. If you have a look at the original picture the flowers have quite a variety of colours to them (seeing red, brown, blue, yellow) It’s very faint and subtle but its there.

Thanks, I’ll probably add more colour since I have more time to finish the image now. I’ll also need to change the lighting to make it more nightish.

Alright, I finished it!
I went out with some friends this week end so I didn’t have much time to work back on the grass but it still looks great I think. The sky is not really well integrated, I think i’ll work on it after the deadline, I have to sleep now :slight_smile:
Here it is :

And here is a front quick render of the alien :

Hope you guys like it! :slight_smile:

Attachments

You did a fantastic job, Muream! The final image looks great, and I think the sky is integrated very nicely! Did you use a stock image to create the aurora, or is it a texture you painted? It looks very interesting and cool. Great work all around!

Thanks James! I just took an image off the Internet and did a little bit of color correction so that it fits with my render. :slight_smile: