GPU Card selection

I’m getting back in to Blender after a very long time away and am looking to buy a GFX (although this isn’t the best time!) to support it.

I’ll be buying in the shallow end and was tossing up between a Nvidia RTX 2060 Super and a RTX 3060. Can any one tell me if the 12gb of RAM on the RTX 3060 is actually usuable? I remember hitting memory limits with Eevee way back in the day.

I willl mainly be polygon modelling and just re-learning what I’ve forgotten!

If you can find one, then go for it, but I’m not so optimistic. I would definitely go for the 3060. The 12gb should be fully usable, I can’t think of a reason why the wouldn’t.
If you are patient enough and want to buy at MSRP prices, visit the EVGA site. There’s a queue system developed for buying cards from them. The high-end cards, like the 3070 and the 3080, have a long wait time, which can reach 3-4 months, but the 3060 came in in larger numbers, and some users saw them coming in a month’s time or so.
In general, you have to be patient these days. There is a frenzyness going on about mining etc. So, every card that reaches the shelves is immediately purchased by users hangry for mining power. The 3060 supposedly came out with reduced mining performance, but miners already came up with workarounds etc.

Woah; I’d head it was bad but I didn’t realize it was this bad. I’ll shoot for a3060 - which I can get a hold of it without pay for a scalpers next porsche!