GPU Not found

I have an Ubuntu 24.04 machine with Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 and Ryzen 5600 H.

Looks like I am unable to use GPU in Blender 4.0.2 because it is lagging a lot and in Preferences > System it shows

I thought it is a driver issue and checked " Additional Drivers "

What is happening here? It worked well with 22.04 a week back. Any help will be great. Thanks.

I was using Ubuntu up to 20… it was nice… was… past tense… i’m back on Debian… maybe it is simply “Ubuntu”…

:person_shrugging:

1 Like

Try reinstalling the driver.
If it’s not recognized by the blender, I think it’s a driver problem. (There are no additional settings in the blender.) :thinking:

1 Like

I always used Ubuntu as main SO but since 22 i was annoyed by increasing performance issue, software manager, UI usability and so on. 1 month ago I decided to try LMDE 6 (Mint Debian Edition): REALLY GOOD, migrated immediately with pleasure.

1 Like

Don’t tell me :wink: … i switched years ago… it was to Debian 9 back then…

1 Like

do things look ok when you use nvidia-smi ?

also try:
sudo apt install nvidia-cuda-toolkit

Ryzen 5600 H. is an APU with an AMD Radeon RX Vega 7
maybe the lag is because blender is only using the integrated GPU (hence the lag).
see if you can disable the double GPU option in the bios (not all laptops have this unfortunately) or force blender to run using Discrete GPU

1 Like

Hi, I had to use the file from Blender.org. It works fine and detects the GPU. It works for now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ahhh yes… :smile_cat: forgot to mention… original blender org files even run on some not on the edge distros ( still Debian 10 ) without “installation”… right out of the archive box :wink: