Graphic Tablet Compatilibty with 2.8

Hi there,

I am trying to use Duet Display on my iPad to use graese pencil in blender 2.8.

Unfotunatly it doesnt work so nice! When i draw a second stroke there is a straight line appearing betweem end of previous stroke and beginning of current strok!!

I tried betas of duet-blender, everything always up to date— no luck-

So my first question is: is there a setting to correct that?

My second question: I think of selling the iPad to buy a good graphic tablet with a display.

I dont have wacom money. Does anybody have experience with gaomon? they have a nice 15.6inchs for cheaper than a wacom.

what about XpPen, huion… ?

I dont want to buy a tablet to fall in the same problem!

Thx!!

jb

i just got Huion Kamvas Pro 13. Works great with sculpting, Krita, PS…

I have a Xp-Pen Artist 13.3 display tablet that works with 2.79b and 2.80, now that the devs have updated the pen code to support these tablets. I like it a lot and it appears that Xp-Pen support is good (they even have a Linux driver!) :smiley: The Linux driver doesn’t support the buttons or the pen calibration, hopefully they will add support for them soon.

https://www.xp-pen.com/goods/show/id/202.html

I don’t know where you are from, but sometimes you can get a really good deal on a cintiq from ebay. Might be worth considering.

Thank you all for the replies!!

I am in the netherlands and I can find a cintiq for “cheap” but not what I need! I need something mobile like the Kamvas… Cheap cintiq are bulky (I need to spring between 2 computers)

I’ve had an intuos 4, a cintiq 13, but ive never been so comfortable as now with the xp pen StarG640, its just what i needed,
I figured out that if you open blender as administrator (in windows) the the buttons on the side of the pen stop responding in blender… :frowning: i dont know if its a tablet thing or a blender thing

Hi, I have an xp pen tablet too but I can’t get it to work properly. The pen input itself works super great, but I dont get any pressure control and I can’t use the custom button even after configuring blender in pentablet software. Any help? Thx!

No Idea how to help you but I was so scared of that kind of issues that I went to a old cintiq which worked out of the box, on linux, I didnot even need to install drivers to get pressure sensitivity!

Right, for my part, I’m using a cintiq 12wx with my desktop and still have my graphire 4 from ~2006 that I carry along with my laptop. Doesn’t have a integrated screen but still works great non the less.

In many cases I actually use my cintiq like a normal tablet in that I have my cursor on the primary/bigger screen and just use cintiq for the input. :stuck_out_tongue:

But it is nice to have the screen available for some situations. :slight_smile:

I had this problem before the developers fixed the code, so make sure you have the latest version of Blender installed (2.79 or 2.80) and test it again. Also I’m on Linux so YMMV. :slight_smile:

Hi man
I’ve found the fix. Apparently you have to open Blender USING YOUR TABLET in order for it to be detected properly. After doing that everything works fine.
I’ve installed sculpting branch of blender and sculpting tools pie menu. Dope for tablet users

I am looking for a tablet to use with Blender (my first tablet), I don’t know anything about tablet. Which one should I get, something that work with a 4K monitor. Is there any issue with display size comparability? I don’t want to pay 2,000 USD; my budget is under 500 USD