Graphics card

this is a fine card - have a fx5600 myself (5500 replaced 5600 due to some inscrutable marketing reasons but is otherwize identical) and it works fine.

ut2004 is the bomb, never tried doom, though i played doom3 on a rediculous PCI fx5500 and it was just fine. looked and played good. maybe 25fps.

i tried doom3 yesterday. Play fine fluid but when there is a lot of action it start to lag a bit.

Just got the card, and it works great. Blender flies! :stuck_out_tongue: I nolonger have to wait for the text to be drawn on the menus. :smiley:

you did wait for that all that time!!!. i would have hited the wall with my head

Lol, i felt like doing that. But now I may have another problem. %| The windows appear much faster but now other things are slower. I keep getting the Windows error message while blending. Moving between editmode and object mode can be very slow. I get a new card and it makes stuff slower then before. :< Anyone know what I should do?

maybe it undo, or you’r working with very big set.

i used to crash blender a lot when i had my nvidia card, now it hardly ever crashes. but only when i render with OSA. i got a ati card and it doesnt crash anymore.

I was just trying to rig armatures and edit the mesh of a character. It wasn’t even subsurfed. :frowning:

Ok, I’m getting mad @ this thing now. I just got the Terminator 3 game and it lags at MED settings. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Are my drivers old? Is it a malfuntion in the card? Maybe I should have gone with an ATI.

Get the latest driver from nvidia.com
look in the display parameter, make sure you don’t have antialiased on.

ok, i got the latest drivers and made sure OSA was turned off. But the game still lags. I looked at the box and it said minimum required card was a 64MB card with T & L support. I don’t think my card has T & L support. I may be wrong. Maybe this is the reason for the lag. :-?

If u r talkin about the fx5600 which sucks, yes it does have hardware Transform&Lighting, its a poor DX9 card, the lower end of nvidia FX line wasn’t thier most glorious moment. U can pick up a Radeon 9800 pro for about 140.00 pounds, i know its over your budget but you will just have to get a job or work more lol :wink:

Ok, well thank you for ur opion Sgt.Bilko, buts thats not exactly helping me out any. %| I may do that anyway though. Can the 9800 Pro run Blender and all the new games on an average comp?

right…your ram is stupidly low, for windows u should have 512MBs i have 1 gig, even to me thats not enoungh, which is why im getting 2 gigs, but 512 is the minimum, i used to have a sys running 1800+athlon and my radeon 9800 pro and 512 ram running doom 3 cranked to the max with full 6AA and 16AS fine,except 512 would sometimes page file so i had to get 1 gig of ram to cure it and it worked so yes, with 1 gig of ram 1.5 gig processor and radeon 9800 u could run both blender and doom 3 as slick as a greased up weasel in a teflon frying pan.(oh and the 5600 sucking aint no opinion thats fact go to toms hardware and look at the benchmarks<told u :wink: )