Grassy bay

An original marine coast environment…
Notes: The scene include 1 simple terrain, modeled in Gaea and texurized in Blender 2.91 (Render Cycles).
The scene was populated with 4 eco-systems (by ParticleSystems).
If you want to see more pictures go to: https://blendermarket.com/products/grassy-bay

by attribution of the boat: BoatUS Foundation (@boatusfoundation) - Sketchfab

18 Likes

Looks good, in terms of composition and lighting, but the rocks look like small rocks enlarged.

1 Like

Hi,
thanks,

yes you are right…
is a rock formation created by small and large rocks …
maybe it’s not very realistic …
but I hope at least it is credible. :slight_smile:

It looks really cool! Almost like a place i want to visit :smiley:
The only thing that feels a bit weird to me, is the scale of the boat (and the rocks, like someone said previously). It feels difficult to get a sense of scale… Maybe add a little bit more landscape really far back to get the feeling that this place doesn’t end so abruptly, and maybe some clouds?
I’m no designer so I could be wrong haha
But great work! Looks really nice!
btw, how did you texture it in blender?

1 Like

Hi,
thanks for your comments …

yes it is true, the boat is a little out of scale (as well as the seagulls, perhaps).
But in a scene representing all components in the right scale it is not as simple as it may seem (especially if you do not you design up from 'beginning).

About the background and the sky, they could certainly have been more detailed, but my resources of time and machine power were at the limit (as often happens to me). :slight_smile:

Terrain texturing is planar … simply (actually all terrains are textured planar). The rocks are also textured without UV mapping (this was not necessary).

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!