Great (Bamboo) Wall - with textures

I was testing a bamboo material i made and it reminded me of this great house by japanese architect Kengo Kuma, so i decided to set up a simple scene, here it is! Hope you like it, comments and critiques are welcome!

rendered in BI in 40-36 minutes on an i5 laptop. Without the trees it takes less than 10 minutes

here’s a screenshot:

link to the textured bamboo:

Nice variation on the bamboo. Nice render too.

Nice. This is a real building somewhere? I think I’d like to go there.

thanks!
@ kaiamar: this a house near Beijing: http://inhabitat.com/great-bamboo-wall/

Man this is so beautiful and original, how did you came up with this? i wish i could be there :smiley:

dude! thats awesome! i like the mountains. those are very well done

thank you!
The mood has a lot to do with the architect, so the credit should go to him :wink:
I just tried to capture it the best way i could!
@Agus3D: I learned how to do the mountains with your awesome landscape model, so thank you!

Wonderful images, atmosphere.
So peaceful.
But you’re crazy, you know. LOL
Talking about the hills on the background.
Beautiful post!

Outstanding images, very nice atmosphere. Congrats!

Great work, it shows that you can get somewhat of a realistic look using the BI renderer if you use arealamps. (though the nature of this scene reduces the impact of not using a realistic GI engine like Cycles).

So the area around Beijing still apparently has large, beautiful areas filled with trees and nature despite all of the urban sprawl that has happened there, hopefully they turn the area that the house opens to into a park so they can preserve all of what remains of the natural world there.

A little more use of DOF might help sell the realism a bit more. As it stands, the textures and such are very nice. Good job.

Nice, I like the geometrical composition of the render.

Really really good. Very simple and interesting at the same time. Looks like a scenery thats movie worthy :wink:

You also modeled the background? That’s insane! Can you post some wires, and lighting setup? Thanks.

Thanks for the comments!!

I lit the scene with two sun lamps and 4 area lights. One sun for the hill and the other pointing at the scenario. The area lights are set to low energy amounts, i like the control they give over the lighting.

That’s pretty cool. Nice piece. Thanks for the screen shot.

Thanks!
i’ve uploaded the bamboo textures to blendswap, i hope it will be usefull to someone!!

You can download it here:

Thanks. Maybe I can make use of that some time.

Wow! Awesome stuff man!

those trees are so awesome!