Great success today

Not that it is a major break through or that hard for the experienced to do, but I thought I’d share my success I had today.

My project is far from complete, but today I was making a dirt mask for a wood board with the texture painting mode, and I was successful in using that with a couple home made textures to make the wood board have dirt applied to the area in which would have the most foot traffic. Although my mask is a bit aggressive, and I will re-make it to be a little more transparent. ( I want a dirty board not one caked in mud… lol) I feel it was a good success that I wanted to share with those that understand… everyone I’m around on a daily bases just looks at me sideways when I talk about blender…

Anyway that was my first success with texture paint, and setting up the nodes correctly in cycles to see my vision come together.

Eventually I hope to post my finished image, or a beta version for critique before finalizing. :slight_smile:

I love it when you are trying something new and it actually works the way you thought it would.

Making progress, great feeling :smiley:

Yeah I know it’s small… but Blender and I have been fighting over texturing for some time… It was nice to see it come together.

Let’s celebrate with more blending

http://jogamel88.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/a_comprehensive_glossary_of_gifs-5.gif

I remember when i used texture paint for first time, i made a dish, i felt like i were in pixar. HAHAH Congratulations.
KEEP BLENDING