Greater Together - LEGO

Another QUILLER! Had fun on the lighting for this one. Wish I had a PS5 so I could play the game! :grin:

Final Render:

Viewport/Raw Render:

Material View:

Lights:

39 Likes

Awesome! :clap:

1 Like

Thank you! I am really pleased with how it turned out.

1 Like

Great lighting! And the post production really takes it to the next level, Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Thank you so much, Memii! I will! :smiley:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Wow! Thank you, @bartv !

1 Like

Looks amazing. How did you achieve the final result though? Just compositing, or you used any image editing software?

1 Like

Thanks, @harpiart3d !
I used a third-party software called Nuke in order to composite the DoF and the bloom/lens glare effects.

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Wowsers! :smiley: Thank you so much!

1 Like

Hey your stuff is amazing man. You’ve inspired me to pick blender back up and give art like this a go. Couple of questions. Do you use Eevee or Cycles to render most of the time? And do you have the paid version of Nuke? I’m using the non-commercial and the 1920x1080p limit is killing me.

1 Like

Fantastic work! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you so much, Garagi! I’m glad I could be an inspiration!

I use Cycles, as well as the Non-Commercial version on Nuke.
If you select the preview window in Nuke, press spacebar and then “H”, the window will fill the screen, allowing you to take a screenshot in whatever dimensions your screen is in.

For example, my Mac is a 5k monitor, and so when I take a full-screen screenshot, I end up with a 5k comped render.

Now, the downside of this method is that you lose a lot of the color depth you would get as compared to exporting it from Nuke the real way. It won’t look any different, but it won’t have as much flexibility in post-processing in other applications, if you do go that route.

1 Like

Thank you! :smiley:

1 Like

Your welcome, your stuff is excellent. And thanks a lot for the info!

Sorry to pry, but did use Eevee + Emission for your Vader hallway/The Duel pieces? I’ve been messing around with a scene I have but lighting is a weak point for me at this stage and I’m just not happy with the way the lighstsabers (I have multiple characters with lightsabers) react to the scene in Cycles. Eevee + bloom seems to give me a better result, but is they’re anything special you do to light the saber?

Thanks again!

1 Like

It was a few things, actually:

1. It was all Cycles

2. There was a very small volumetric I put around the blade to add a fog/smoke effect

3. In the shader editor, I made this setup to get that “lightsaber look”:

^^^The “Blend” value on the “Layer Weight” node changes the amount of red, AKA the lightsaber color, you see on the blade.

4. I added a slight glow in the Compositor via a Glare node

Glad I could be of assistance! :grin:

1 Like

Awesome thanks. I really appreciate it! :pray:

1 Like