Greedo from Star Wars

Hi,

I’ve been browsing the forum for a while and decided to join. anyway, this is a drawing of Greedo from Star Wars I did a few months ago, it’s charcoal pencil.

http://free.hostdepartment.com/r/roofoo/image/1-Greedo.jpg

roofoo

WOW thats some extrem epecil shading! Its a bit freaky to me but i like it :slight_smile: although wish it was coloured

hey, thanks! yeah, color would be nice. but I was going for a dramatic look, and I like the way charcoal looks. I agree, he is a bit freaky looking…hehe. :stuck_out_tongue:

Great job, man. Sutabi, if you want to get that look with the shading, try using one of those blending sticks that are like a piece of gray paper rolled into the shape of a pencil. Another good shading technique, is to start by rubbing charcoal powder lightly over your paper, and then roughing out your shapes with an eraser.

The rodian…

A beautiful piece of work!!! 8)

It’s quite accurate, I wish I could draw like that. :smiley:

Looks like normal graphite to me! :smiley:

Thank you! I did use a small reference image, from a Star Wars calendar, so it’s not like I just drew him from memory… :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“sno4wy”]

Looks like normal graphite to me! :D[/quote]

hehe… well what can I say? It is really charcoal… 8)

Quite impressive with the shading work. A lot of fine detail in the, even something being reflected in the eyes.