Green Screen Compositing

I just posted a short test, with a process breakdown, for my first attempt at using a green screen. I was pleased to find that even my quick, sloppy setup and lighting of the green screen didn’t seem to affect my ability to key out the green. You can check it out on YouTube:

I would like to suggest to do the greenscreen removal before you did the scale, that way when you scale down, the edges of the greenscreen removal will be softened…

a few things that you could also try is inpainting, its pretty effective… also try and get some ambient occlusion /shadows going on the ground, also, your background lighting doesnt seem to match the childrens lighting, with your background, there are really no highlights at all, it seems all ambient light, however on the kids htey have a strong light coming from the left hand side of frame…

Thanks for the tips - I hadn’t considered the order in terms of color key vs. scaling. I’ll look at that. I wanted to do a quick check to see what Blender could do, but I’ve definitely got a lot of learning ahead. I’m already thinking about how to light the subjects correctly and then make the compositing look like more than just a simple overlay.