GSoC 2016 - Improvements to Bezier Curves

@genio84, are there chances that this can be included in 2.8?

Absolutely this project should not be forgotten, it would be a great pity.
bezier curves are very important!
I don’t think the bezier curve code in blender 2.8 has been touched too much, maybe the interface a little …

So far, can anyone say why this gsocs was not incorporated into the master? please do not tell me that it is due to the fact that the bezier curves are secondary to the level of interest.

@genio84 where are you? :thinking:

1 Like

any chance of getting this into 2.81

been long time we did not see any improvements on curves things

thanks
happy bl

Guys, @genio84 hasn’t been active since 2017 (necroposting anyone??), and considering his work is from 2016 (Blender 2.77/78 codebase) your best bet to contact him is to ask a moderator to contact him using the registration mail, otherwise probably this work will probably be lost, until some other dev take it from it’s ashes.

Just saying.

@stargeizer
as you can see from the edited lines, only two files are big, and are those related to the curves … and the curves have not been touched in blender 2.80, so the work should be less dramatic than you think.

I would put things together …
yesterday with today … and who knows, someone with the magic touch, could take a look at the code and maybe decide to take the baton and carry on with the work.
I try, if nothing else, perhaps it can serve as inspiration.

@Khemadeva is the author of this wonderful flexy bezier tool, it seems natural to inform it of the existence of this code.
GSoC 2016 - Bezier Curves Improvements

3 Likes

@genio84 I hope your work will not be lost… Maybe some kind of donation or bounty would help here?