Guavaville

So I entered this competition for animators in Africa about two weeks ago, the challenge was a 10 second animation clip.

This was the result.

I don’t usually animate, I mainly rig, light and do technical stuff but my workmates really came through and gave me good advice.

I composited in After Effects but did everything else but the sound in blender. There’s a little noise as I got pressed for time, I rendered at 32 samples for the diffuse passes and 64 for the rim pass and since I intended it for mobile viewing, I think it can pass :sweat_smile:

The Characters are home made dolls, my mum told me how they would make dolls out of a certain plant.

As the actual plant didn’t and doll didn’t have as much appeal I went for guavas for heads, I kept some ideas from the original like the flowers for the dress and decided to go for hollowed out heads and vines for hands to give them a unique look.

I plan on turning these into a web toon shorts hence the title of the topic Guavaville, For updates on development do check out my instagram https://www.instagram.com/le_pirate_tim/ or the soon to be home for the guava heads which is rather bear right now at Guavaville

7 Likes