Guitar effects pedals

Effects pedals modeled in Blender. Rendered with Cycles, 2048 samples. Texturing with Substance Painter and Illustrator.

Sorry about the double post…

https://www.artstation.com/sammy1973

33 Likes

They look great dude!

I’ve been wondering, HOW DO YOU GET IT TO LOOK SO DANG REALISTIC?!?!?

Wow! These look great!

Great work, but I don’t think you need so much geometry on the cases, the buttons hide any holes that may be present and the jack sockets and washers can be used to hide the rough shape for them, so you could get away with a “slimmer” design poly count wise.

Thank you for the comments!

And i do agree, the mesh is a little dense. But this was a quick project and i only wanted these still images, so it doesn’t really matter. There’s certainly room for improvement.

the smoothness of the mesh and a high quality texture helps to make it look so realistic.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend :slight_smile:

Thanks Bart!

1 Like

You’re #featured! :+1:

Thanks again!

This looks great, my only suggestion would be, that you should spend the same amount of texture effort on the surface these devices are put on. - Maybe a worn wood tabletop would fit better with those beaten effect pedals. But also a white glossy foil they are put on to be photographed would have a less clinical texture than the one rendered right now. A few dust particles or subtle scratches would be enough to make the scene more believable. Great job on the textures!

I just thought it would be nice to have some normal map or displacement for paint thickness and scratches. But it is just my opinion.

Good call.

I kinda like the overly clean surface. Puts the focus on the pedals. But a bit of dust could work fine, i agree! Thanks for the comments!

can I just say that the lights on the pedals look AMAZING! I mean so does everything else. But those lights… those tiny little lights… so nice :ok_hand:

2 Likes