Gundam Anime UPDATE: 4-10-05 (New weapon page 3!)

I’m passingly familiar with the Gundam series and the proportions look fine to me.

I mostly just wanted to add my comment that I also think your shader is amazing, it gives a great anime feeling to the model.

Good modeling work so far. Toon shader is v good too.

Any chance of a render against a plain background, white or grey? The black makes it a bit difficult to see all the details, at least during your work in progress.

Sonix.

/img203/6730/newchest800021vs.th.jpg

Huzzah!

I’ve created the new torso! Sure, it might not have been in the plans, but I felt a remodeling was in order.

Crits? Comments? Suggestions? Thanks!

-edit- For some reason I can no longer make thumbnails to imageshack’s site, but the image link still works… Anyone know how to fix that?

Update looks really good, thanks for the white bg too, makes it much easier to see the details.

Sonix.

Whoa, it’s been a month since I last posted an update, but I had to do a whole prject with that 3D blender brain model I made and I was away on spring break and whatnot that I didn’t get to work on him until this weekend.

Anyhoo, I made a new skirt, and a created a weapon for him. It’s a gundam version of a bastard sword, hence the beam saber edge :slight_smile:

Hope you guys like it, but I would really like some harsh crits too for once!

http://img72.exs.cx/img72/4930/newskirt200016hy.th.jpg

http://img72.exs.cx/img72/1263/bastardbeam00019mp.th.jpg

And yes, I know the second pic is a bit dark…

super model, the last weapon is amazing too

what are your edge settings set to?

@rexprime:

My edge settings for the “skirt” render were Eint 255, Antishift at 75, with a unified renderer at Full settings, OSA 16.

I mentioned the other things because edge lines are very easily influenced. As you lower resolution, the same Eint and Antishift will cause thicker lines. Also, inorganic and fairly low poly objects tend to render better lines, but anime shading works better with higher poly, subsurfed lines.

I like your taste in modelling, and everything here looks pretty authentic.

thanks Artistotle

have you see this mobilesuits?

Crits!? WTF dude. here is nothing to crit on this at all. You are doing a great job. Just keep up the good work.

I’m loving this thing.

Any plans to rig and at least pose it in a cool scene?

BgDM

Ok, here we go… I don’t like the “toon style”. Make it look realistic, apart from that it looks really good. Oh darn, good crits… Well well.

I agreee with Greven… I’d rather see it attempted at photorealistic level. It would just look cooler… oh, and it needs a movie with it too… :stuck_out_tongue:

great stuff, though i must agree, more realism would be nice. really cool project.

I like the toonshade.

I know Blenders celshading tools aren’t up to par with alot of other 3d software apps,but Artistotle Gundum is one best IMO, examples of how it can be used.Just look at that Gundum!We already know the modeling can stand up to the AO being turned on with different shaders.But does the artist have the time?Just keep up the great Gundum work however you render.