Guts from Berserk, based on the art of the reissue of volume 1 by Kentaro Miura

Hello friends, I present to you my most recent personal project.
Guts from Berserk based on the art of the reissue of volume 1 by Kentaro Miura.
Made in Blender 4.0.2 and textured in Substance Painter.

For this project, I wanted to carry out everything I have learned in these years, from sculpture, modeling, retopology, texturing and lighting.

I’m not lying to you, it was a titanic project, as much as Guts’s sword.

Berserk means too much to me, a work full of dark fantasy and bloody battles that leaves you great lessons, including not giving up and finding your way.

I hope you like it.

12 Likes

Awesome! I’m particularly impressed with the texturing work, but everything is top notch :+1:

2 Likes

Everything looks very good from the modeling to the texturing. Impressive work! :smiley:

1 Like

thank you very much Denis. I learned a lot with this project :grin: :v:

1 Like

Thank you very much LMalachi, and I tell you that Blender 4.0.2 surprised me, it is increasingly more powerful software, I can’t wait to see the new improvements for Blender in the future :grin: :v:

1 Like

If you’re up for a tad of constructive criticism, I think that the final background, even though the color scheme matches, does not do justice to your model. I personnaly work with similar backgrounds as photographers do in real life for studio portraits, and found that it improved my renders quite a bit compared to compositing a background afterwards.
My 2 cents, hope it helps :wink:

1 Like

Great work!:fire:

1 Like

Thank you very much, of course, this helps me improve a lot, in this and subsequent projects, I can see what you say, without a doubt it is a good study method that will help me a lot for composition, thank you very much, PS: your work is amazing.

1 Like

Thank you very much :grin::v:

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you very much Bart, I feel honored, it is an honor for me.

1 Like