Hair and skin test in EEVEE

Looks awesome! The eyes could use a bit more SSS to increase the realism, and the veins could be a tad more visible also, otherwise I agree with juri0juli, outstanding work.

the node for skin color mix. every texture is hand-draw.

Nice.
Can the hair be suitable for smooth realtime frame rate ?

the hair is not smooth in realtime frame rate.if no hair ,only skin shader can be smooth.

1 Like

at: https://www.artstation.com/imdjs

2 Likes

I was surprised to see what you have here. This is no longer just a “test”. Change the title to “Realistic Hair and Skin in EEVEE”? I did not expect to see work so far along and so realistic. And when you are done, be sure to post in the Finished section so you can be featured.

thanks alot for the comment.

modified the eyes.

some of maps in this model

3 Likes

动力学2
test of dynamic hair.I will make anination later.

make some expressions for animation test

1 Like

Good job! I can not imagine eevee could give such nice result. It is hair and not meshes! You makes me want to try it for my future art .

@blackorange
the comperison between cycles and eevee,the sss detail cycles is far more better the eevee.but in a video may not notice the different.

1 Like

first animation test render in EEVEE

2 Likes

Thank you for the explanation and I believe other artists would benefit from this. The difference can be noticed in the ear area. I like using eevee a lot. But would try cycles for still image.

This is very impressive.

Your blender looks cursed af however

That hair looks way too good for EEVEE.

What shaders are you using?

This is some of the best Eeevee character work I’ve seen. Care to share your insights on how you made the hair shader? That’s been my biggest challenge so far.

This hair shader is just Common highlight + Fresnel.

@ davidmikucki
this is my very early character, here is my newest work.

1 Like