Hair Hair HAIR!!! Such a problem...

Take a look at this and tell me what you think…I worked a lot to get a “Pixar” type face shape and thought I did O.K. but when it comes to hair and trying to model hair with particles I have a lot to learn. I don’t want to blame it on Blender, but modeling hair is so hard with particles. I always go back to vertices and faces and end up with this mess. Any articles that would help me? What do you think of this? Adding a Benzier curve to my hair particles and trying to contol it is always a mess. I’ll try and attach some pics. Thanks Cindy Lou

Attachments

I like the hair in the pictures above - I don’t think it needs to be changed.

If you want to use particles, try out the new particle mode in 2.46 (for combing, cutting, straightening, etc. hair) (if you haven’t seen it already). The particle mode can be accessed through the same drop-down box as object mode, edit mode, etc.

Make sure that you press the ‘n’ key to bring up the brush options.

2.46 had a major revision for hair particules

are you using these features or not

and what about ahving a good tut on hair?

SAlutations

http://www.falgor.net/tutorials/jahka_hair/hair_tutorial.pdf

This is just about the best one there is out there right now, as it was written by Jahka, the lead programmer of the new hair system…

even with it I can understand your frustration… I’m suffering from it at the moment; I was surfing through looking for the link to Jahka’s tutorial myself, as I seem to have missed something:

Render view and viewport view… as you all can see I’ve screwed SOMEthing up somewhere…

Well I like all the new buttons in the particles tab in blender 2.46 Let me go to NASA and try and figure out how to use them. Anyone got a link to all the new Hair features in the new release of blender. Can’t find anything on the WWW. Cindy

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AlyI_JAbX8.8Jd9Nk3yK5.J82PAI?p=blender+documentation+hair&fr=my-myy&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8

Funny, I found a whole parseload of them without even trying…

ACH!!! SORRY FOR THE DOUBLEPOST… How the hoek did I do that???