Hair in Evee but not Cycles?

Does the viewport, set to quick render, just take a very long time to update or is there something I have to toggle on/off?

Also the Evee render looks as cheap as the ports on the left set to simply shaded.

Hi,

Maybe you drop your .blend file?

1 Like

‘New users can not upload attachments’

But it doesn’t matter anyway…when I went to upload I realized I accidentally closed out Blender w/o saving when I Gimped those screenshots a few minutes ago - ugh!

You may upload it somewhere on a cloud storage, such as Google Drive.

1 Like

There’s no file…I dropped out of Blender w/o saving (accidentally) while I was making the above demo pic in Gimp…

Also the Evee render is just ‘shaded’ port toggle for either renderers.

You can try to recover it by going to File → Recover → Last Session.

Also, make sure that the Hair option is turned on in the View Layer Properties, under the Filter tab:

Second, make sure that your hair diameter isn’t equals to 0:

1 Like

Try this…it’s much earlier into the project - the latest is gone for good.

It says “Access is denied”

You have probably set your file to be a private one.

1 Like

Oh…not using Particles - Only using Curves
Should I be jumping back and forth?

Try this one =)

If you want to make the hair for your character or whatever, it is better to use New Hair System which has been introduced in Blender 3.3 (as far as I know that), or use an old one depricated, which can be done by using Particle System.

Here’s a good tutorial on a new hair system in Blender:

And a tutorial about the old one system via Particles:

1 Like

Correct if I’m wrong, but it looks all fine in my own case.

Running under Blender 3.6.2

P.S. Try to switch from CPU to GPU in your Render Properties settings:

1 Like

The problem strikes when trying to get a rendered image…I mean sort of an almost rendered image and not a proper one that takes an hour to process.

What I’m guessing is that the render preview in Evee looks like crap because, as you showed me the view toggles, I don’t have all of the lights, etc. turned on there.

And Cycle only renders hair made with Particle System?

Also, I am using the new hair system - It appears to be Evee exclusive.

New Hair System should work perfectly in both Eevee in Cycles renders.

1 Like

Cool, thanks - haven’t diddled with that yet.

Then maybe it’s that I don’t have all of the lighting toggles turned on under Scene (as mentioned above)
or the GPU VS CPU option (although I’m running a GTX)

Maybe that’s because of that, but also bear in mind that your hairs thickness is too way thin. Maybe you should just make them a bit bold?

Here’s my render result done with Cycles:

1 Like

ah, thanks - hadn’t thought of that.

If you were going to do that via an old one depricated particles system, in there, you would’ve found the tab called the Hair Shape. Under that tab, you could’ve changed your hairs’ thickness by changing its diameter’s values. I’ve dropped a screenshot up above, in my previous replies to you.

P.S. When it comes to an old one particles system, it’s a common problem when it comes to Cycles

1 Like