Hair length inconsistent

Hey! I’m not sure if this is a bug but my hair length sometimes acts very strangely and I’m not sure how to fix it. Basically it changes length drastically between being rendered and being in edit mode:
Directly after rendering:

Directly after entering particle edit mode:

I didn’t grow or modify the hair in anyway between these 2 images. Also notice the facial hair and top head hair move and grow a little as well. If anyone has some insight I’d be very grateful!
-Thanks!

i recently had some strange hair effects too, it caused by the modifier stack, in it i did not only have hair emiter particle but also a subdiv, apperently these dont easily mix, but in the proper order it does work, just reorder them.

you might also have been cambing first then later tune hair in the properties pannel again, ea add hairs there… in that case settings are reset, after cambing you cant go back to those settings. (but inside cambing you can alter hair lenght, and amounts too).

If you have a vertex group in the particle system to modify hair length, its effects will not be reflected in the parent strands in the Particle Editor.