Hair particle system - help the newbie!

hello :slight_smile: …So lets go rith into it…this is what i am trying to achieve, i am trying with hair, that i think will be the best way…

quiosque-com-cobertura-natural-em-sape-874365|666x500

images

and that is what i am getting

the firs and biggest issue is because the “hair” pass trough the mesh inside the roof

questions:
1 - how to avoid the hair going trough the mesh?
2 - how can i make it better?

please be patient with me :pray: , i could not find anything on the regular channels that explain in deep that tool for other use rather them regular hair characters, some grass tutorials but really apply for that especific look.

1. there seems to be something odd going on. With child hairs you cannot perfectly prevent any mesh intersection, but the large tufts coming down in the center should not happen. Disable children and check what the parent hairs to at that spot. Is the mesh not closed there, or something?

2. Multiple thoughts:

• The straw, contrary to the hair do not have a circular cross section, which certainly contributes to the different look. You can try to model a more accurate single straw and use it as render object for the hairs. Whether it will bend nicely is another matter. You would have to try. You need to use a particle instance modifier (not: set render hair as object) to achieve bending
  • Looks to me less hair but thicker ones are closer to the original
  • Add color variations to the hair. In the material you can use Particle Info -> Index to select individual hairs.
1 Like