Halo3 CG trailer

Hey guys!

well I’m definitly an Halo fan. But I,m not posting about the game itself. I just saw their newest ad for the game (it was presented yesterday during a football game and now it’s online).

It was created by Digital Domain, and well I just wanted to share it with you:

it’s on the front page of that site for the moment, but just make a search for halo3 if it’s not there anymore.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did, althought it doesn’t show much.

Yea, I just watched the HD version myself.

It was pretty good, if the commercial was made to promote a halo CG movie. Seeing as how nothing was real time rendered, I fail to see the point of the whole thing. If you look at the Halo 3 gameplay screenshots up on bungie, I’m sure you’ll notice that the graphics are not even as good as the E3 trailer they had before, and needless to say, it won’t look nowhere near as good as this new trailer. I mean why else would they go with a CG trailer now, when they did just fine with the real time trailer at E3. Because they couldn’t make the original concept work, that’s why.

It’s all hype.

…That said, I’ll probably end up buying a 360 just for Halo 3, just as I bought the Xbox for the original Halo and Halo 2.

Damn.

Saw that on TV yesterday…drool
And amen, Now I have to get the 360…

saw it yesterday to. One little thing I saw caused me to get off my a$$ and write the camera shake how-to for the wiki this am.

That was so cool. I’d get the 360 too but I’ll wait for a price drop; can’t afford that price tag on the premium package.

Well the reason of the use of CG is the fact that this isn’t, as stated by bungie, a video or a part of halo3 game. it’s just some fancy grachic to “get the hype up”…well that’s what an “ad” is for. right? Bungie didn’t want to bother creating a unique in-game cinematic, with unique scenery etc… because that would be slowed them down a bit in the process of creating halo3…and also the fact that we are still something like 1year away from the release…it’s not like they could show a completly finished part that wouldn’t “reveal” too much.

Anyway you are right, it’s hype :slight_smile:
And I’m pretty sure the final game will look pretty kick ass

It was pretty good, if the commercial was made to promote a halo CG movie. Seeing as how nothing was real time rendered, I fail to see the point of the whole thing. If you look at the Halo 3 gameplay screenshots up on bungie, I’m sure you’ll notice that the graphics are not even as good as the E3 trailer they had before, and needless to say, it won’t look nowhere near as good as this new trailer

It might come close though. (save the dust effects)

a. compare halo with halo 2 (earlier game on xbox vs. later game)

b. relate that to GOW and H3’s final graphics. once again early vs later.
Of course, there won’t be the dramatic difference found between halo 1 and 2, because gears is real pretty, and the time in between the two isn’t as long.

Still, considering that Halo 3’s still in pre-alpha the real time graphics have a bit of time ('bout a year?) to improve. Right now they’re not they’re not even gears pretty. (meaning the e3 trailer, ie. the best looking official in-game graphics we have to date)

Realisitically halo could never be as pretty as that trailer (tex. resolutions used for cg), but it’d be pretty hard to spot a difference. Especially during gameplay.

Here’s to hoping that Halo3 turns out pretty, and that the gameplay shines (Gears might be tough to beat. That cover-based combat is amazing, at least in my eyes).

ps. the extra options (this game’s multi-player options are crazy. go pick up an EGM. Ign might have the details too) like capturing in-game video might make it worth it either way.

I’m going to say, from a Blenderer point of view, that the pure and simple animation of those kids faces completely blew me away. Fantastic.