Hands of a mechanic

This is so good I can´t even imagine how to make this in Blender. I love every aspect of the finished image. Well done!

Don’t you think it looks too cartoony?

Thank you again everyone for your input. :slight_smile:

Yes, I forgot to reply the first message regarding the subject. I took reference from my fathers old old toolbox, that is in fact in much better state than the one I recreated. I guess if you take good care of your tools, they can stay in good shape even after some greasy work. Surely I could have added more wear, dirt and stains for more effect, but frankly I didn’t really feel the need.

There’s not much in the composition nodes. Some subtle glare/glow and rough color correction. The final tweaks were made in PS.

The scene and the lighting is almost identical in the clay-render compared to the original. I slightly increased the hdr-light strength, but changed nothing else. Then I replaced every materials shader with a super simple claymat (gray diffuse mixed with gray glossy). It’s important to leave the displacement channel intact from the original material, so that the surface details are not lost.

-Anssi

Beautiful scene–Thank You!

I love it :).

This is best hands that I´ve seen in blender, Congrats!

one look and it’s into your heart.

@DeaDEnD
Many thanks