Happy 2019! What are your Blender resolutions? 🥂

Generally just become better/faster at Blender. That will involve try to do the weekly challange every week, but I also have two bigger projects in mind.

Firstly, I want to do a few nature landscape scenes at a very high, photoreal level. I shoot landscape photograpy and timelapses, so there are a few of my shots that I might try to recreate to see how far I can push Blender. I’ve already started some experiments with MTree and Graswald. Lovely addons for sure.

Secondly, I want to learn to do some hard surface modelling and robot rigging (I hate rigging in general!) so by the end of the year I can build a fully functional Metal Gear Rex.

My resolution for this year is to produce a CGI Music Animation based on a music genre (which will be a secret)

3 Likes

My goal is to finish my Megazord project. Through it, I hope to learn more about the entire 3D process for VFX, not just use pre-made assets like I currently do for VFX

Goals
Learn Python code, either paid or free tutorials.

1. Make dialog box.
  2. Custom models creation
  3. Make objects move in feet per minute. Relative to 24 frame per sec.
    ie move 10 fpm click, move in 20 fpm ect.

Work Full time in 2.80, Like it so far.
Make my “work” work flow more than 25 percent of work.

Well done with the website. So far I have been very happy with it.

I have one resolution for this year which I will work super hard to make true, not to have any resolution.

Scary and fun not to know what exactly you will do the next day, but I was never a fan of planning ahead. Other than that generally improve ass a coder and 3d artist and making good use of my time is more than enough to make me happy. Oh and not to forget to have fun.

1 Like